• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

available slots?

cwyx

Yet another question for you guys, my oso says there are only 1 SNA and 1 NFO slots available for PLC for his recruiting district for my graduating class year. Is this typical of all the different districts? Will there be more slots available in the future? Im a college freshman by the way.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
This will fluctucate a lot. Just because there are few slots in one district doesnt mean that there wont be a lot of horse trading between districts that fill their slots and those that dont. You can drive yourself crazy worrying about slot availability-so dont: if you are a Freshmen apply, if you dont get it apply as a Sophomore,dnot get it apply as a Jr. And so on.

Mustang83

Professional back-seat driver
None
I contracted as GND then after OCS, but before commissioning, I switched to NFO. It's a lot eaiser switching once you go through OCS because you've already proven you can make it to commissioning. It also will depend a lot less on your OSO's mission because you already filled one ground slot for his mission

Whalebite

I contracted as GND then after OCS, but before commissioning, I switched to NFO. It's a lot eaiser switching once you go through OCS because you've already proven you can make it to commissioning. It also will depend a lot less on your OSO's mission because you already filled one ground slot for his mission

How did you manage this? I wouldnt think it alot easier.

Lonestar155

is good to go
Hold on hold on hold on.. Can someone elaborate on what it means for your OSO to have an x amount of ground and air slots available. So it does not mean that the board will select a certain % of people that apply as a whole or do they select a certain amount per district?

cwyx

to my understanding it means that of all the people who apply, ONE will get the SNA contract, and ONE will get NFO. They should make a reality series out of it lol. I believe each district is given a certain amount of contracts to give out. I just didnt know how often they are given, and how rare they are.

Lonestar155

is good to go
to my understanding it means that of all the people who apply, ONE will get the SNA contract, and ONE will get NFO. They should make a reality series out of it lol. I believe each district is given a certain amount of contracts to give out. I just didnt know how often they are given, and how rare they are.

Still unclear on the whole process. For example if 100 applicants apply throughout the country will they select a certain % as a whole? Or will the board evaluate and select candidates for each district?