• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Automatic Ding from

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Popping positive for drugs on a urinalysis during the application process would be an instant disqualifier.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
my GPA was sub 2.4....not proud of that...but it didn't preclude me from getting wings.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
......So, there are people with a 2.4, former coke addiction, arson conviction, and bad credit that are in the pipeline?.....
Hypothetical questions, huh??? From previous experience, one could speculate that you're talking about YOURSELF.

If so ... forget it. You ain't gonna make it. You are toast.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
my GPA was sub 2.4....not proud of that...but it didn't preclude me from getting wings.

Why the hell do you still not have wings? Who's running this two-bit operation? You're approved, give it 24 hours and let me know if they haven't shown up.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
2.65 GPA (1.96 in HS), horrible credit, DUI arrest under my belt. Please notice the wings...
Yeah, but you're a MARINE ... this guy wants to be NAVAL, repeat: NAVAL, Aviation ... :D

We had to keep the Marines flyin' over the lunch hour --- just so they wouldn't forget how to fly. :D:D

QuagmireMcGuire

Kinder and Gentler
Hypothetical questions, huh??? From previous experience, one could speculate that you're talking about YOURSELF.

If so ... forget it. You ain't gonna make it. You are toast.

Yep, hyphothetical questions. I graduated with a 3.1 undergrad and a 2.97 grad. Never took an illegal drug in my life. Hadn't had an alcoholic drink in over a year. Never even been tipsy and certainly never been drunk. No convictions but I was expelled from high school activities for fighting. I do have fair credit but 100g debt (because of school).

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Yep, hyphothetical questions. I graduated with a 3.1 undergrad and a 2.97 grad. Never took an illegal drug in my life. Hadn't had an alcoholic drink in over a year. Never even been tipsy and certainly never been drunk. No convictions but I was expelled from high school activities for fighting. I do have fair credit but 100g debt (because of school).

If that's all true, then I doubt any of those things would be show stoppers.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Then good on 'ya ... and why would you care about a "hypothetical" downside ... ??? You've got good enough stats to make it .... buena suerte, Amigo. :)

QuagmireMcGuire

Kinder and Gentler
Cuz a 2.97 and a 3.1 aren't that competitive. I'm good when it comes to the criminal stuff but the credit history is what's scaring me. I've skipped monthly payments before; presently, I am all current with my cards but I had a charge off back in 01. Then, you add all of my school loans, I'm worried about how that will reflect.

So, if knowing that there are people will four strikes against them getting on board then I'd feel a heap of a lot better.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Cuz a 2.97 and a 3.1 aren't that competitive. I'm good when it comes to the criminal stuff but the credit history is what's scaring me. I've skipped monthly payments before; presently, I am all current with my cards but I had a charge off back in 01. Then, you add all of my school loans, I'm worried about how that will reflect.

So, if knowing that there are people will four strikes against them getting on board then I'd feel a heap of a lot better.

Realize that spotty credit might affect your ability to get a security clearance. You need at least a secret clearance. Depending on what you fly, you might need more. If you can't get a security clearance, you won't fly.

Search security clearance on AW to see the myriad of topics.