• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August-Ish 2016 Rolling SWO Board

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
This predicted rolling board will be for those who are active duty (not working with a recruiter) AND applicants who didn't make the last SWO board but did make the submission cut off before being closed.

Remember, only active applicants can apply for SWO at this time.

Xx_Lawdog_xX

In on this! I still am having difficulty understanding how I was not selected on the last board (as is my recruiter).

Stats:

B.A. International Politics from Penn State/3.47 GPA
Currently enrolled in Master of Science in International Relations at Troy University
52 on OAR
LORs: O-5 Commander, E-9 Command Chief Master Sergeant, GS-12 Fire Chief
Evals (last 3 EPRs): 4, 4, and firewall 5
Plenty of leadership experience from being a Crew Chief of an ARFF vehicle to regular Station Captain duty running the shift at my fire station

The only negative thing I can think of is I may have two waivers, which I am not exactly clear how and why they would impact my selection. One is for experimenting with Marijuana over 10 years ago and the other is for taking medication for ADHD as a child, which stopped 12 years ago and I have a signed evaluation by my previous provider that states I no longer have ADHD. If those two things hinder my selection then I wouldn't know what to think anymore.

Allan H

Rufio,

I submitted my application for SWO on Friday of last week and received an email Monday morning telling me that they are unable to take my application until October 1st.

What confuses me is that I am an active duty FC1 and was under the impression that the August board was accepting active duty applications. Can you clarify as to whether this may have been an accidental assumption that I am working with a recruiter or has NRC officially closed for even the active duty component?

We are in the process of flying a hold for abeyance message but I would like to save the command the trouble if it was a miscommunication. Any amplifying information would be greatly appreciated. If needed, I can copy the email into the forum for everyone to see. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

V/R

FC1

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Rufio,

I submitted my application for SWO on Friday of last week and received an email Monday morning telling me that they are unable to take my application until October 1st.

What confuses me is that I am an active duty FC1 and was under the impression that the August board was accepting active duty applications. Can you clarify as to whether this may have been an accidental assumption that I am working with a recruiter or has NRC officially closed for even the active duty component?

We are in the process of flying a hold for abeyance message but I would like to save the command the trouble if it was a miscommunication. Any amplifying information would be greatly appreciated. If needed, I can copy the email into the forum for everyone to see. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

V/R

FC1

It might have been a new processor and/or mistaken you as an NRD applicant.

Allan H

All,

I just got off of the phone with Mr. Ted Williams, the Fleet OCS Processor (N315), and received clarification on what is going on. He said originally they were accepting applications from active duty personnel, but they have since changed their mind and have decided that they will not accept any applications PERIOD for SWO or Supply until October 1, 2016. I hope this helps everyone, however it was probably not the news you wanted to hear; it certainly wasn't what I wanted to hear.

All,

I just got off of the phone with Mr. Ted Williams, the Fleet OCS Processor (N315), and received clarification on what is going on. He said originally they were accepting applications from active duty personnel, but they have since changed their mind and have decided that they will not accept any applications PERIOD for SWO or Supply until October 1, 2016. I hope this helps everyone, however it was probably not the news you wanted to hear; it certainly wasn't what I wanted to hear.

Hey Allan.

I'm a little confused by this as I received an email two days ago that said my OCS SWO package had been received and accepted for the next board. It sounds like there may be some communication issues taking place.

Allan H

Hey Allan.

I'm a little confused by this as I received an email two days ago that said my OCS SWO package had been received and accepted for the next board. It sounds like there may be some communication issues taking place.

Wow, when did you submit? I received two emails from the processor:

"FC1,
Sorry but we are not accepting any Officer Application the remainder of FY 16 for the following Officer Programs: Supply Corps-31000 or SWO-11600 --- no quotas available. Please submit your application ON/AFTER 01 OCT 2016 for those Officer Programs."

and

"FC1,
Your OCS application for purpose of SWO board participation cannot be processed at this time. It cannot be stored or held at OCS Processing Station for purpose of future board participation.
SWO Community will be accepting OCS applications on or after 1 October, 2016. Hold your OCS application and continue to insert changes to you OCS application which may occur between now and 1 October, 2016."

Now I'm super curious as to how you had your application accepted and mine was kicked back almost immediately.

Last edited:

LSworld

I submitted mine for Supply back in 21st of April, and my application was accepted. With all the new information coming out now, I am not sure if I should follow up with the processor, hopefully the board for Supply is still as scheduled May 23rd.

Allan H

I submitted mine for Supply back in 21st of April, and my application was accepted. With all the new information coming out now, I am not sure if I should follow up with the processor, hopefully the board for Supply is still as scheduled May 23rd.
You made it in time. I was just a tad bit too late. I wouldn't worry about it.

Wow, when did you submit? I received two emails from the processor:

"FC1,
Sorry but we are not accepting any Officer Application the remainder of FY 16 for the following Officer Programs: Supply Corps-31000 or SWO-11600 --- no quotas available. Please submit your application ON/AFTER 01 OCT 2016 for those Officer Programs."

and

"FC1,
Your OCS application for purpose of SWO board participation cannot be processed at this time. It cannot be stored or held at OCS Processing Station for purpose of future board participation.
SWO Community will be accepting OCS applications on or after 1 October, 2016. Hold your OCS application and continue to insert changes to you OCS application which may occur between now and 1 October, 2016."

Now I'm super curious as to how you had your application accepted and mine was kicked back almost immediately.

I had some issues with getting processed medically; an error in communications. My actual application was submitted back in the beginning of May and finally just processed through medically a couple days ago. So maybe because it had already been submitted and was pending acceptance it met whatever deadline they were foreseeing? Sorry I don't have better information to pass along. Coincidentally I'm an FC as well.

Allan H

I had some issues with getting processed medically; an error in communications. My actual application was submitted back in the beginning of May and finally just processed through medically a couple days ago. So maybe because it had already been submitted and was pending acceptance it met whatever deadline they were foreseeing? Sorry I don't have better information to pass along. Coincidentally I'm an FC as well.
I just read your profile and I have orders to the Donald Cook. If I'm not selected, I'll be there around summer next year. Small Navy.

I had submitted my package on May 6th and received the kickback email on May 9th. I only had SWO on my package as well. Fingers crossed that BUPERS accepts my hold in abeyance for the first SWO board of FY17 or I'm done for.

I just read your profile and I have orders to the Donald Cook. If I'm not selected, I'll be there around summer next year. Small Navy.

I had submitted my package on May 6th and received the kickback email on May 9th. I only had SWO on my package as well. Fingers crossed that BUPERS accepts my hold in abeyance for the first SWO board of FY17 or I'm done for.

Wow; that is crazy. What type of FC are you? I'm an FCS tech. I really hope it all works out for both of us. If not, I'll see you next summer.