• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Primary Alternate and Alternate SNA selects

Not much movement with pro-rec's or alternates for a while now - I wonder what the hold up is.

At least some SNA folks are getting dates, I haven't heard a peep from intel selects or alternates (me). Maybe they are waiting for clearances? All I know is this is painful...should I apply for grad school for next year? Should I take an Americorps (1 year comittment)? Can I RSVP to go to my cousins, best friends wedding this summer? This silence really takes a life toll.

pmaccona

Hey Seanewman,

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm an intel select who has also heard nothing, but I don't think they're waiting on clearances. I already had mine a couple of months before my pro rec. My hope is that they're trying to round us all up in one class so that we can be at NIOBC together like the IW selects were for IWBC. Hopefully, that will be sooner rather than later. If you look at the NIOBC dates, it seems like OCS dates for intel selects should (hopefully) be between March and August. I say March because very few people are in the class (at least those who post on forums) and August because November is the last NIOBC start date for 2012 until January 2013.

Clearly I have a lot of time on my hands with my exciting part time job...bartending is not exactly scintillating :)

miguel

Pro-Rec INTEL Aug board
Hey Seanewman,

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm an intel select who has also heard nothing, but I don't think they're waiting on clearances. I already had mine a couple of months before my pro rec. My hope is that they're trying to round us all up in one class so that we can be at NIOBC together like the IW selects were for IWBC. Hopefully, that will be sooner rather than later. If you look at the NIOBC dates, it seems like OCS dates for intel selects should (hopefully) be between March and August. I say March because very few people are in the class (at least those who post on forums) and August because November is the last NIOBC start date for 2012 until January 2013.

Clearly I have a lot of time on my hands with my exciting part time job...bartending is not exactly scintillating :)

I am an intel select as well and I spok ewith the help desk last week. They said everything for me has been cleared but the program manager only had 1 slot to give out for the FY12 intel selects. The rest are FY2013. He did mention that we should start hearing about dates in january. With that said, i do not foresee any of us leaving any time before april. The reason I say that is because they have already eben issuing late march dates.

GameFace

Pilot FS
Mine is also waiting to be signed for 25March (I was a pro-req). My processor told me it should be signed soon and then I will swear in. I think it should just be a formality at this point.

I got mine signed on Friday, Dec. 9th. Its been almost a year since I started the application and it sure feels good to have that piece of paper in my hand. My date is 06 May '12.. 5 months of PT

egd33

pilot
Contributor
Final Select received this morning. Class date is 25 March for SNA

Congrats. Do you know if the letter was signed yet or not (or just in the system)? Are you scheduled to swear in yet? My FS was produced over 3 weeks ago with that (25 Mar) class date, but apparently is still waiting to be signed.

tomcatfan

Final Select OCS 25 MARCH SNA
The letter was signed and received it as well as getting the phone call from my OR. No word on swearing in yet. I'm sure I'll get all that detailed on monday.

siuc_avi

FS SNA - 15 APRIL 2012
Received an email from my Chief today, my FS is in the system waiting to be signed. Assigned a non-official OCS date of 15 April due to a FY 2012 SNA slot opening up!

Sutton004

Hey guys, I figure this is the right place to ask. I am enlisting right now, going in as a nuke. My goal however is to be a pilot. My plan is to apply to sta21 as soon as possible. Do any of you have any tips or things I should look at to make my package stand out more?

RobotSailor

Weller-known Member
Hey guys, I figure this is the right place to ask. I am enlisting right now, going in as a nuke. My goal however is to be a pilot. My plan is to apply to sta21 as soon as possible. Do any of you have any tips or things I should look at to make my package stand out more?

If you have a degree, check out my thread "Time leave or not to leave "