• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Primary Alternate and Alternate SNA selects

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot
Hmmmm, word from my recruiter is that we have 90 days to turn all the paperwork around and submit it.

Currently, I have completed my DD2807 and submitted the required back-up medical records. Just waiting on my processor to get back to me on word on when/if I am approved to go to MEPS. Then, hopefully will have my MEPS date scheduled.

tomcatfan

Final Select OCS 25 MARCH SNA
Good luck! I can't remember if the phrase was used on AW or USNavyOCS, but have fun at the "underwear olympics"!
yeah oh the fun I'm going to have tomorrow morning :p. Duck walks, and other said maneuvers in my skivies....just want I've always wanted:rolleyes:

shutout39

pilot
Thought I would post here too for the alternates. I was a primary alternate and just got my FS of March 4, 2012. Starting to feel the momentum I'm sure many others will be hearing good news soon.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Thought I would post here too for the alternates. I was a primary alternate and just got my FS of March 4, 2012. Starting to feel the momentum I'm sure many others will be hearing good news soon.
Was the FS by surprise? because you had in all your stuff?

shutout39

pilot
Was the FS by surprise? because you had in all your stuff?

I had my MEPS and SF86 done...I was taken off guard because there are many selectees that do not have FS yet. I am more confused by this process than ever before but really done trying to understand it.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
yea i hear ya on that.. I'm still trying to get to meps.. Went last week.. and needed a waiver I guess my recrutier never had gotten before i went, but yet meps had cleared me.. Makes no sense, but I went up there at the ass crack of dawn.. only do it again next week.. Oh well. Small price to get the prize.

Bohdi

Primary Alternate SNA - Aug 2011
Following the August 2011 boards, the SNA results were 85 selects, 28 primary alternates, and 20+ secondary alternates. The info (I believe from millsra) was the primary alternates would backfill FY12 and the secondary alternates would be in FY13. However, I have seen several secondary alternates get FY12 OCS class dates. Have any primary alternates received FS and OCS classdates? Does anyone have a rough idea how many primary alternates and secondary alternates have received FS?

shutout39

pilot
Following the August 2011 boards, the SNA results were 85 selects, 28 primary alternates, and 20+ secondary alternates. The info (I believe from millsra) was the primary alternates would backfill FY12 and the secondary alternates would be in FY13. However, I have seen several secondary alternates get FY12 OCS class dates. Have any primary alternates received FS and OCS classdates? Does anyone have a rough idea how many primary alternates and secondary alternates have received FS?

Literally 4 posts above is my post that I have received a FS as a primary. If you look through the last few pages of the August 2011 thread you might find 1-2 other primary alternates and 2-3 secondary alternates that are FS. I'm sure there are more who just haven't posted yet. From what I gather, if you had any sort of waiver or hang up that still needed handling, you haven't received a letter yet. I'm guessing there when they finally get to that stack of papers we'll have a lot of action at once.

Bohdi

Primary Alternate SNA - Aug 2011
Congratulations on your FS. Sorry to hear you have to miss your brothers wedding, but thank God you'll be there for your child's birth.

GameFace

Pilot FS
I was a Primary Alternate and my recruiter told me a few days ago that he sees the select letter in the database with a 06 MAY '12 OCS date. But then he tells me that it is not signed and I cannot swear in until it is. I don't even know what that means, but I am anxious.. I now know why people have been referring to this time as "Purgatory".

egd33

pilot
Contributor
I was a Primary Alternate and my recruiter told me a few days ago that he sees the select letter in the database with a 06 MAY '12 OCS date. But then he tells me that it is not signed and I cannot swear in until it is. I don't even know what that means, but I am anxious.. I now know why people have been referring to this time as "Purgatory".

Mine is also waiting to be signed for 25March (I was a pro-req). My processor told me it should be signed soon and then I will swear in. I think it should just be a formality at this point.