• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Primary Alternate and Alternate SNA selects

shutout39

pilot
This is accurate. Very similar to the Navy too.

Assume roughly 500 slots a FY for USNA Mids, ~500 for (NROTC, OC's, and STA21 [who are not previously designated]) then the leftover slots are carried over to OCS. Unfortunately for you OCS bound people, that is not many! Good Luck!

First off, thanks debbie downer!
Second, I would doubt the Naval Academy sends almost half its graduating class to be pilots. They have surface and submarine missions that need leaders, too.

Echo24

I'm Pilot.
pilot
First off, thanks debbie downer!
Second, I would doubt the Naval Academy sends almost half its graduating class to be pilots. They have surface and submarine missions that need leaders, too.

Surprisingly they do! I was a Academy mid once apon a time, then I realized a college life would be more enjoyable with NROTC since you both come out an 0-1. However, that is how the numbers seem to work.

***There are many more planes than ships and subs in the Navy*** ;)

Ender 86

Congrats man! Now you have wondering where my package is...I am a primary alternate, 25 years old with MEPS and SF-86 complete. Any tips or ideas on how you got FS so quick?
I wish I was a guru of some sort...I have no idea why my packet got pushed through. I have flight experience (an aviation degree) and with that I had to pass first class medicals fairly regularly, and had all my required paperwork finished up for the earlier boards that were cancelled. I never had to do a PRT nor did they ask me to complete one before OCS...."you know man...ups and downs, strikes and gutters." - the dude.

Is it a possibility maybe you were on the primary? And your OR just miss spoken?
The secretary (who did most of the work with my packet) was pretty clear about my position being on the alternate...Honestly, what I've found to be the case with how the military operates, it doesn't always make sense or follow the norms, but when they want you, your ass better be there or you're S.O.L. It's just a classic case of hurry up, then wait.

aodell

TW-2
The secretary (who did most of the work with my packet) was pretty clear about my position being on the alternate...Honestly, what I've found to be the case with how the military operates, it doesn't always make sense or follow the norms, but when they want you, your ass better be there or you're S.O.L. It's just a classic case of hurry up, then wait.

Except in this case, it's wait, wait, wait...GO! :) Awesome for you!

Pilotman87

I was also selected as a secondary...However, my OR called last week to inform me that Big Navy requested my enlistment documents...This only happens after you have been pro recd and receive your FS letter...we were all confused and called to ask about it...long story short, I was told my FS letter should be in tomorrow, and that my OCS date is set for the 27th of next month...It was a shocker to me seeing how I was selected as a secondary. It may sink in more once I am with my OR signing papers and leaving for OCS. Ill keep you posted on what comes of this tomorrow.

Any news from your OR? I'm in the secondary boat too, but am trying to get to MEPS early next week (documentation for a broken wrist from 9 years ago being mailed and processed prior). Any info or news is welcomed!

Ender 86

Any news from your OR? I'm in the secondary boat too, but am trying to get to MEPS early next week (documentation for a broken wrist from 9 years ago being mailed and processed prior). Any info or news is welcomed!
My final select letter came in yesterday afternoon. The OCS date is still listed as 27th. Monday I sign on that dotted line and become an E-5. Pretty stoked it all came together so fast! I'll ask about the alternates and how I got through so fast in case there is more to the story than I know. Thanks again guy! Pumped for Newport even though it's gonna be the hardest 12 weeks imaginable.

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
My final select letter came in yesterday afternoon. The OCS date is still listed as 27th. Monday I sign on that dotted line and become an E-5. Pretty stoked it all came together so fast! I'll ask about the alternates and how I got through so fast in case there is more to the story than I know. Thanks again guy! Pumped for Newport even though it's gonna be the hardest 12 weeks imaginable.

I'll see you there! Have you joined the Facebook page yet? There are quite a few of us from the Aug board in that class...strength in numbers right?

Ender 86

I'll see you there! Have you joined the Facebook page yet? There are quite a few of us from the Aug board in that class...strength in numbers right?
I tried clicking the link above (but I am doing all this from my mobile) so it took me to the basic fb log in page. What is the name of the group? I'll add on that way. Are you not completely floored how quickly they got us in? I was told the April to late July time frame initially...not anymore! Woot!

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot
I am still waiting for MEPS, I had to send some medical records in to get a waiver for bursitis of my elbow around a year ago. Waiting on the waiver to be approved so I can be scheduled.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
I am still waiting for MEPS, I had to send some medical records in to get a waiver for bursitis of my elbow around a year ago. Waiting on the waiver to be approved so I can be scheduled.
Did your recruiter have to request for an extension since all the paperwork is due by October 24th?

My recruiter told me that if my medical paperwork is in then I didn't actually have to be through MEPS by the 24th, just have everything submitted. I had a waiver signed off today and am going to MEPS Friday.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
My recruiter told me that if my medical paperwork is in then I didn't actually have to be through MEPS by the 24th, just have everything submitted. I had a waiver signed off today and am going to MEPS Friday.
Whats everything submitted entail?