• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Primary Alternate and Alternate SNA selects

boostadikt

VFA-106
It shouldn't hurt, but it COULD hurt....isn't that why they postponed doing it in the first place?

HAHA I don't plan on dying from pushups, but yeah at the same time what if that kid would have been allowed to ship, got to boot camp and died there or when others depended on him? Yeah it's sad but the screening is there for a reason.

Ender 86

I was also selected as a secondary...However, my OR called last week to inform me that Big Navy requested my enlistment documents...This only happens after you have been pro recd and receive your FS letter...we were all confused and called to ask about it...long story short, I was told my FS letter should be in tomorrow, and that my OCS date is set for the 27th of next month...It was a shocker to me seeing how I was selected as a secondary. It may sink in more once I am with my OR signing papers and leaving for OCS. Ill keep you posted on what comes of this tomorrow.

AGonxAV8R

HAMPS
pilot
I was also selected as a secondary...However, my OR called last week to inform me that Big Navy requested my enlistment documents...This only happens after you have been pro recd and receive your FS letter...we were all confused and called to ask about it...long story short, I was told my FS letter should be in tomorrow, and that my OCS date is set for the 27th of next month...It was a shocker to me seeing how I was selected as a secondary. It may sink in more once I am with my OR signing papers and leaving for OCS. Ill keep you posted on what comes of this tomorrow.

Sounds like Good News. Congrats! Have fun at OCS.

boostadikt

VFA-106

Wow, congrats and please keep us updated.

aodell

TW-2

That's awesome! Congrats--hope everything keeps moving right along for you.

On a related note, hopefully that means good things for us other secondary alternates. I have heard from another senior enlisted guy who was in recruiting for a long time and has been making a few calls for me to help me figure out my situation, and he told me that they're expecting the secondary alternates to get FS letters at some point. Obviously that could change, but I really hope it works out that way.

Ender 86

When did you do meps?
I went to MEPS before my packet was sent out, maybe in March or close to it...Then the security clearance was finished shortly after that. I believe this helped my case a little more.
Sidenote: Thanks guys, I wanted to share this because surely that means the Navy is utilizing alternates (primary or otherwise) and hopefully some of you will be fortunate enough to begin your own Naval endeavors.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
I went to MEPS before my packet was sent out, maybe in March or close to it...Then the security clearance was finished shortly after that. I believe this helped my case a little more.
Sidenote: Thanks guys, I wanted to share this because surely that means the Navy is utilizing alternates (primary or otherwise) and hopefully some of you will be fortunate enough to begin your own Naval endeavors.
So you mean you had a good recruiter ;).. Any rate. Congrats man.. Hope to join ya sometime.

Pilotman87

Eagle, have yo ben to MEPS yet? I'm waiting on my broken wrist documents to go, so hopefully end of is week/early next week... Got to get it done! Especially based on the news I just read above!!!

shutout39

pilot
Congrats man! Now you have wondering where my package is...I am a primary alternate, 25 years old with MEPS and SF-86 complete. Any tips or ideas on how you got FS so quick?

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Is it a possibility maybe you were on the primary? And your OR just miss spoken?

Echo24

I'm Pilot.
pilot
Found this someone posted for the Air Force early this year..

PILOT (92T0)
RATED ACCESSIONS BY YEAR
YEAR USAFA ROTC OTS AD
FY10 524 524 50 40
FY11 500 500 90 45
FY12 505 505 119 45
FY13 520 520 120 50
FY14 560 560 130 50
FY15 560 560 130 50

Is the Navy about the same as this? Also, does anybody know exactly how many boards were held this year for FY12 and how many slots already given out? Looked like about 85 slots (pro recs, not alternates) were given for August's board.

This is accurate. Very similar to the Navy too.

Assume roughly 500 slots a FY for USNA Mids, ~500 for (NROTC, OC's, and STA21 [who are not previously designated]) then the leftover slots are carried over to OCS. Unfortunately for you OCS bound people, that is not many! Good Luck!