• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 19, 2006

shannon

No one likes this class I guess. Sooo.... Metro - what are you doing to get ready? I've been PT'ing with the Army ROTC people every other day. It definitely helps! I'm sort of worried that I'll be in great shape by the end of the semester then be a lazy bum all summer and all the work would have been for nothing! Hopefully that won't happen though!

Kycntryboy

pilot
shannon said:
No one likes this class I guess. Sooo.... Metro - what are you doing to get ready? I've been PT'ing with the Army ROTC people every other day. It definitely helps! I'm sort of worried that I'll be in great shape by the end of the semester then be a lazy bum all summer and all the work would have been for nothing! Hopefully that won't happen though!

I sure don't like this class. lol. I don't have anybody yet :( I work out with the AFROTC every morning at 6 which is appox. 12 hours too early for metro:icon_tong

shannon

lol poor guy! I guess I have it easy- we don't start until 6:30. Tomorrow is a refreshing 5 mile run to niagara falls in 20 degree weather. I love new york! Maybe we should just start a summer ocs class thread instead of a class thread since no one is around :-D

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
Shannon, don't let Ky give ya the wrong idea about my committment to physical excellence. See, it's all a matter of perspective. To Ky, 0600, when he works out, is 12 hours too early for me. To me, 2200, when I work out, is 10 hours too early for him. :D

shannon

lol we'll I'm all about the 0600 workouts myself, so it definitely seems crazy that you would be working out so late, but as long as you get going some time during the day/night. I'm hoping that being used to getting up early will make the adjustment a little easier, but then again, I don't think it would matter too much.

metro

Welcome Rosco, good to hear from you. What's your designator? Where ya from? Age/sex/anything else pertinent?

Just saw you are an SNA, nevermind on the designator question!

metro

Bumping again...a guy on USNavyOCS.com by the name of Jorge just reported he has this class date, and HIS gouge says that we will not be in sunny Pensacola, but instead in cold and rainy Newport. Apparently, he was told we will be the first class that will be in Newport.

I'm understandably not happy with this. Anyone else with our date able to confirm/deny this gouge?

psyduk

hey everybody, here's another one. I'm told I'll be in this class too...but haven't recieved an official set of new orders (got bumped from 15APR06 class). Can anyone confirm where we OCS is supposed to be???

shannon

Welcome to the class j.! Where our class will be going is one of life's little mysteries for the next couple months :) I'm planning on FL and hoping for RI.

psyduk

at least I am not the only one excited about it. personally, I've never been to that part of the country before and I was looking forward to making a trip out my drive there. besides, i've spent every summer in this sweltering heat...i'm looking forward to a cooler weather