• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 08 Boards

Avalanche24

My app didn't get through until after the deadline even though we thought it would be processed before....riding the pine until September.
Weird thing is, I'm not mad or frustrated...I can wait another month. No biggie. *shrugs*

Lobster

My app didn't get through until after the deadline even though we thought it would be processed before....riding the pine until September.
Weird thing is, I'm not mad or frustrated...I can wait another month. No biggie. *shrugs*

All is well man don't let it stress you out. It was actually easier the second month. This happend to me I was supposed to be during July. The board met and my app made it in but they didn't review it and now its august and I'm pro rec SNA BDCP. Good luck to you next month.

hulseca

avalanche24

I went through the samething for the july boards. I just missed the deadline. now I am just waiting for the news this month or next. wish you luck.

reggaegenic06

Final Select NFO
what's up everyone.

my twin brother was picked up by the air force a few months ago for a nav slot and the air force posted a list online of all the aviation applicants that were selected. curious if anyone knows if the navy does anything similiar ? i would kind of like to see how many of us were picked up...

thanks !

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
Nothing is posted publicly.

Talk to your recruiter, and ask if they will disclose that to you. They are able to view all of the applicants and see who was accepted.

Inexorable

Sitting in Purgatory
Congratulations to everyone. My OR said I did not make it to the August board, so time to wait for September. Oh well, just means more PT time!

lfonten2

Was intel reviewed during yet for the august board? I was just pro rec'd SWO-bdcp, but wondering if I'll still have a chance for the other communities that I put down (intel and supply).

gusthebus229

i got pro-rec'd for aviator-bdcp this month too. what happens now? can anything go wrong that would prevent me from getting a final select or can i go ahead and celebrate?

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
i got pro-rec'd for aviator-bdcp this month too. what happens now? can anything go wrong that would prevent me from getting a final select or can i go ahead and celebrate?

Something can always go wrong. But yes, celebrate. Congratulations and don't fvck it up! :D

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
like what? is there anyone on here who got pro-rec'd but didn't get the final select?

It's very rare. You don't have a ton to worry about. I was thinking more along the lines of getting hurt/arrested...just stay safe and smart and you'll be fine.

Lobster

jt i love your advice to everyone after gettting selected is "don't f%$k it up!" haha probably some of the best advice around short and to the point :p.

el douge

This one time at band camp...
jt i love your advice to everyone after gettting selected is "don't f%$k it up!" haha probably some of the best advice around short and to the point :p.

I agree with jt. I got pro rec'd for SNA and SNFO and those were the exact words my OR said to me. I thought it was great advice. Congrats to all of you. Its a great feeling isn't it.

Lobster

I agree with jt. I got pro rec'd for SNA and SNFO and those were the exact words my OR said to me. I thought it was great advice. Congrats to all of you. Its a great feeling isn't it.

Unreal feeling, almost doesn't seem real though, you've wanted something for your whole life and now you've got your foot in the door to get it, crazy :eek:.