• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 08 Boards

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
ASTB: 9/9/9 66
Hey, someone who beat me on the ASTB! Well, except for the OAR... :icon_tong

We can make a pact to both tell our DIs at OCS the first time we meet them about our ASTB scores. I hear they'll make life much better for you if you do.

hi guys - question about the boards. Lets say I take the astb on aug 6th - whats the time frame on getting a pilot package in- if i get meps and prt out of the way by aug 15th, can my package be in for that august board? Is there a deadline for package submission every month?

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
hi guys - question about the boards. Lets say I take the astb on aug 6th - whats the time frame on getting a pilot package in- if i get meps and prt out of the way by aug 15th, can my package be in for that august board? Is there a deadline for package submission every month?

you won't make august. the package must be in to them by the end of the month preceding the next; so for the august board the package must be in by tomorrow. BTW, most boards meet on the 15th of the month, though there are some that meet on the 30th.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
Also, someone mention about the new fiscal year starting in sept. My OR and reservist Lt. Col.(usmc) friend said that the first of the fiscal year will be october.

Lobster

Yeah we need to figure that out, I heard the new fiscal year starts in September, could be mistaken, when my OR calls me with the gouge on what happend with my package I'll ask him.

reggaegenic06

Final Select NFO
what's up fellas.

i have been reading the posts for a few weeks but this is my first post.

i'm up for the august boards and here are my stats:

25 y/o male

ATSB: 5/5/5 52 ( I wanted to retake this but my recruiter told me this was good enough to be competitive and not to. Not sure if that was a good move or not...).

ASVAB: 94

Two separate bachelor degrees :
Western Michigan University
(1) Bachelor of Business Administration w/ a General Business major and Business Admin. minor
(2) Bachelor of Arts w/ a Spanish Studies major and Economics minor
Cumulative GPA for both degrees: 3.31

60 pushups, 85 sit ups, and 11:19 1.5 mile.

LOR: F-16 pilot/captain in AF, C-130 pilot/captain in AF, varsity swim coach/dean of students at my high school, decorated Vietnam combat medic/owner of successful construction company, and 3 employers.

Played soccer/swimming/tennis all four years of high school. Michigan class B state swimming finalist my junior and senior year. Captain of soccer team and swim team in high school, member of my high school's sports hall of fame.

Studied abroad in college in Spain and Mexico. Bilingual English / Spanish.

Not sure if it's even worth mentioning but i have 1.1 hours of logged flying time.

I also wanted to comment on the fiscal year start date. I have heard from multiple sources that the new fiscal year starts October 1. However, I was also told that the Navy figures candidates into the new fiscal year, not when they are selected for OCS, but when they actually graduate from OCS. In other words, since any of us that are picked up from the August boards wouldn't feasibly graduate from OCS until after October 1, we are all considered part of the 09' fiscal year... and that is obviously good news for us. My recruiter also told me the Navy increased the available SNA and NFO slots for 09'.

I could be wrong on that, but that's what my recruiter told me.

Good luck to everyone !

nugget61

pilot
I have a friend that got winged a few weeks back that told me to wait to apply till October as that starts the new fiscal year - anyone confirm/deny?

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
Not sure if it's even worth mentioning but i have 1.1 hours of logged flying time.

Haha, no shame in that! I included a whopping 1 hour in a Cessna 172 on my application. I figured it would help for the board to know that I had at least been up in an aircraft before, so there would be only a small chance that I'd flip out in IFS. (Heard it has happened ;) )

Good luck you all.

pricklyrose7

I was trying to make the August board, but as I'm still waiting for a medical waiver and a copy of my birth certificate, looks like I'll have to wait till September... Anyway, I was looking at everyone else's scores and they all seem way higher than mine so I'm wondering if y'all think I have a shot for SWO.

College GPA 3.9 major: general studies, minor: dance performance
OAR: 56
LOR: 3 from employers, three from clients and associates verifying my self-employment work, one from a proffessor, one from my pastor, one from a community service organization I volunteered at for a year.
PFT(I'm female by the way, not that that means I deserve any slack): curlups- 90 in 2 min, pushups- 48 in two min, 1.5 mile run- 11:40, really slow I know but I did it immediately following my medical exam at 1:30pm on a really hot day after not having eaten or driken anything since 4am. On my own I've run 1.5 miles in about 10:30.

Think I have a chance?

srqwho

pilot
Haha, no shame in that! I included a whopping 1 hour in a Cessna 172 on my application. I figured it would help for the board to know that I had at least been up in an aircraft before, so there would be only a small chance that I'd flip out in IFS. (Heard it has happened ;) )

Good luck you all.

I put down that I have logged 5 trillion sky miles (in first-class no less)... and that I was allowed to see the cockpit at age 6.5. I think the above helped offset the fact that I have a mild case of tourettes. :D

Veovis

PRO REC SNA!
Actually, we're sloppy thirds. But hey, the end goal is the same and it doesn't matter which pipeline you take. However, this one is riskier odds. So like mom and dad always said, have a solid back up plan if you don't get into NAVAIR or whatever you choose. Big Navy doesn't care that all you've wanted to do was be an Officer. For every pro-rec on here there's 100 non-selects who had to go to plan B. Believe it.

Plan B.... yeah I have that its called Marine Air;)

Lobster

I have a friend that got winged a few weeks back that told me to wait to apply till October as that starts the new fiscal year - anyone confirm/deny?

I got word this morning that every government office starts the new fiscal year in october, that comes from my dad who was in the Navy for 26 years, so october would be the first month of the new year....now if i could only get my recruiter to call me back :icon_rage

nugget61

pilot
I got word this morning that every government office starts the new fiscal year in october, that comes from my dad who was in the Navy for 26 years, so october would be the first month of the new year....now if i could only get my recruiter to call me back :icon_rage

Well thats good to know... but after reading the July thread, I dunno if you'll be able to wait it out till the end of September! gl everyone

Lobster

Well thats good to know... but after reading the July thread, I dunno if you'll be able to wait it out till the end of September! gl everyone

I was never planning on it, I want my application to get to the board, if it doesn't work out I'll just reapply in december or january when fall grades come out. We'll see how she goes :p

Autoace

I and trying to go BDCP for Intel/Supply and here are my stats.....
24 years old
California State University (senior)
2.91 GPA
Health Science/Healthcare Management
5/6/5 51 oar
11:15 (1.5 mile) run
64 pushups
75 situps
LOR's - (1) USMC Brigadier Gen (1) USN Cmndr (1) USN Master Cheif (Ret.) (1) USMC Capt. (1) Cal State Uni Professor (2) Personal friends/former -coworkers (law enforcement community).

I have known the guys giving me the first 4 letters listed for at least 7 years, and the General since I was 5 years old.