• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Attrition Rates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle McWhirter

Unfortunately, I won't be able to go to ACES before OCS. And let's get this clear...if I get NPQ'ed after commissioning, I will be a big upset. I could have used much more colorful language but I am sure everyone knows what I am talking about.

Ed Williams

I'm sure that you would find out before commissining if you would be NPQ for flight. When you go to get your physicals the first week of OCS you should know then.
ed

Kraftwerk

OKay...
Getting NPQ'ed after commissioning is pretty rare, but it can happen.
Anything that can NPQ you will be found at your NOMI flight physical in week 1, unless you severely injure yourself while in OCS.
At NOMI, you will get your UPCHIT, when and if you are found to be PQ. An UPCHIT is good for up to a year, unless you have a birthday within that year that is more than a month away from your exam month. Then you must redo a whole flight physical, but not as stringent as the first one. So, if you take you physical in june, have a birthday in july or had it in may, you're good to go until june next year. If your birtday was in april or is in august, you must redo the physical come august. But if you pass the first time, you should be good to go unless you lose a limb while in OCS.

NOW: Some of you might receive a Dental Class 3 Disqualification. Don't fret, this IS NOT AN NPQ and merely means you need to yank some wisdom teeth or fix a few holes prior to API. You're still PQ for the aviation program and good to go for OCS, but they won't let you class up in API until you're class 2 or better.

Ed Williams

I can tell you from personal experience, the dental workers at NOMI are not the friendliest people in the world. It would be a good idea to get your teeth cleaned before going down.
ed

unfUSN

It seems that anthing that would NPQ you for commission should have been picked up at your MEPS exam way before OCS...

ATP

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
Well it would seem that way wouldn't it?? But I just found out that the person who did my eyes at meps forgot to attach the thing that says my eyes are corectible to 20/20(I dont know how that could happen?) So i guess it more to double check.

Kyle McWhirter

Fortunately, I already had the wisdom teeth pulled and hopefully I am just getting worked up about an NPQ after commissioning for nothing. Thanks for the gouge!

Kyle

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
quote:
I can tell you from personal experience, the dental workers at NOMI are not the friendliest people in the world. It would be a good idea to get your teeth cleaned before going down.
ed

Ed, isn't that the sad truth, here it is two years later, and I still remember the surly dental tech that checked my records and gave me a hard time. One thing I hate about medical, and especially dental personnel in the military, is that you have a real hard time telling what rank they are, or if they are civilian or not. Usually they have their green/blue or whatever smock thing on, and no name tag.

Ed Williams

I was getting my check up and the dentist asked me if i knew what a tooth brush was. Now i know that i may be a college kid who may forget to brush his teeth twice a day, but my mother is a dental tech. who would religiously scrub my teeth with some pasty gunk. My teeth are actually pretty good. I was in the x-ray room and tried to crack a joke with the tech. you would think that it would have broken his face to smile. Can't wait to go back.
ed

Status
Not open for further replies.