• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ATTN: Flight Sim nerds

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Anybody have FS 2002 with the T-34C add on and with all the airfields in the Corpus local area? I want to use it to practice instrument flying, PELs, etc.. when I am not actually flying.

I would be willing to buy a copy off you if you are able to burn one.

Thanks,

Sooner

PR1 H

Perpetually fixing cranial/rectal inversions
They actually have that add on?! The airfields should all be on there already though. Hell... is has a private airfield owned by my step sister's grandfather in Delaware. Hell.. the fact they have any airfield in DE is amazing. :D

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
Doesn't someone in the sim building have them? It's been a long time but I could have sworn I was offered that by someone when I first checked in. BTW, it doesn't help so don't feel bad if you can't get it.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Why don't you just use the microsims they have at the wing...those things are money.

B/C It's a POS and only one is online right now.

Morgan: I believe you're right, I think the guy in question said if you have a copy of FS2002 he can give you the addon. I need to find somewhere that still carries FS2002.

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
Doesn't someone in the sim building have them? It's been a long time but I could have sworn I was offered that by someone when I first checked in. BTW, it doesn't help so don't feel bad if you can't get it.

I'd say you're wrong about it not helping. Procedures and checklists are a big part of chair flying and PC simulation is basically super chair flying

http://www.aopa.org/pilot/features/future0004.html

I read this article back in the day. Don't ask how I remembered it

Sooner, I may be able to "obtain" a copy.

Python

pilot
Contributor
I got it from the guy at the wing for FS2004. He has all versions. Just borrow the CD from him.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
It helped me practice for RI sims. Far better than the RIOT trainer.

As for contacts...it didn't help me much at all. It flies absolutely nothing like the real airplane. Get your procedures down cold, and chair fly with your eyes closed.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
It helped me practice for RI sims. Far better than the RIOT trainer.

As for contacts...it didn't help me much at all. It flies absolutely nothing like the real airplane. Get your procedures down cold, and chair fly with your eyes closed.

That's the thing I'm not too worried about contacts..I meant for down the line, it's been a couple years since I've done any instrument flying. Just something extra can't hurt to practice with.

FlyingOnFumes

Nobel WAR Prize Aspirant
This was the candidate for replacing the FS2002 T-34C model for MicroSim when it was in the process of being updated to FS2004 / FSX. Even though not perfect, it looks like they've done a pretty decent job with it:

www.alphasim.co.uk/as_showcase_mentor.html

T-34C_7.jpg

T-34C_vc1.jpg

T-34C_vc3.jpg

You can still import the NACWS and KLN900 GPS manually from the FS2002 model (which really is a FS98 model... why it looks so crappy) and try it using either notepad or FS Panel Studio to edit the panel.cfg file for the model.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
I downloaded the T-34C from Alphasim for FSX and it was actually pretty accurate. It would even allow you to put the bag up in the back seat, if you're in to that type of hazing. Unfortunately it was too difficult using the hat switch to look and having to use the mouse to activate buttons/switches to be worthwhile - I felt my time was better spent chair flying. I ended up really only using it to learn Whiting Course Rules and that was about the extent of it.

(I feel like a f*cking nerd for admitting that.)

0014.jpg

*EDIT* Looks like I was beaten to the punch.

rrpilot

I have FS-2002 originals with the instructions if that helps ya...no aircraft add-ons but they can be downloaded...PM with your mailing address if you want it.

srqwho

pilot
Anybody have FS 2002 with the T-34C add on and with all the airfields in the Corpus local area? I want to use it to practice instrument flying, PELs, etc.. when I am not actually flying.

I would be willing to buy a copy off you if you are able to burn one.

Thanks,

Sooner

My buddy just bought a PC and stick/rudder pedals/PCL dedicated to T-34 chair (sim) flying... and it's hooked up to his 40+ inch LCD TV. It is sick. I was over at his place the other day and was doing pattern work and going over course rules. It is pretty spot on and the cockpit even looks 30 years old. All you'd have to do is spread some dirty laundry around the room to add to the effect. I'm not sure where he stands on burning you a copy, but you know how to get a hold of me if you're interested... or we can head to his place and check it out.