• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Attn: El Homo's. El Presidente (aka CIC) says you're now SAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAMike

None
Contributor
Our new "Piece" Prize winner now states that DADT will go by the CHT Commutator wayside. I'm only +-50 years old and the CIC makes me feel as if I'm over 90. Am I the only one here that thinks that this is a much more complicated issue than just - I'll overturn it and everything will be OK? Then again -the last great piece prize I actually won was when I was in my 30's. and yes-it was a naughty librarian type.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/10/10/president-says-end-dont-ask-dont-tell/

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There's more to overturning that than just a speech. I have mixed feelings on the issue personally, but it's not like he can just wave a magic wand and make it happen. He said the same thing during the campaign, IIRC.

AJB37

According to the article he hasn't laid out a time table for the policy change, so I wouldn't expect anything soon.

Personally I don't really care if gays serve openly or not.

According to the article he hasn't laid out a time table for the policy change, so I wouldn't expect anything soon.

Personally I don't really care if gays serve openly or not.
Agreed. I feel that that DADT works just fine. And I feel that a more open policy would work, too.

No one should really care about what you want in your pooper...

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
"El Homo's"??? Are you kidding?

Is it time for the quarterly "Gays in the Military" thread? Forgot to check my planner.:confused:

If you are the least surprised at this, you must have not have been paying attention. He spoke about this numerous times prior to shellacking McCain on election night, so this is expected.

Gut feeling is he won't try to push it through until after he signs the Health Care overhaul legislation, and perhaps some other domestic things he has on the front burner.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
First off: I have no issues with homosexuals serving openly in the military. As was so eloquently stated, "I don't care what you want in your pooper"... just get the job done the right way.

I personally don't think today's military is ready for a repealing of DADT. The reason for that is that the military as we know it is a male dominated testosterone filled homophobic society. The reason why a service member who comes out while on active duty is separated from the rest of his/her unit is to avoid being assaulted and other dangers.

Now what I will say is if we are going to have gay and lesbian service members serving openly, the first step is to repeal this policy.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
I personally don't think today's military is ready for a repealing of DADT.

They never will be, either, if we keep forestalling the inevitable, waiting for the "right" time. Like so many other times, I'm sure we'll rise to the occasion. Always have, always will.

Believe it. :D

Bevo16

pilot
I just wish that he would make a fucking decision on what he is going to do in Afghanistan instead of talking about this shit.

We are going on a full fucking month that the commanding general in Afghanistan has requested north of 35,000 troops so that we can turn the tide over there. The response to "be patient" was weak from the beginning (can you imagine the outcry if Bush had done this?), and it gets worse every day. The military needs a lot of things right now. Most of all, our brothers-in-arms that are in the fight right now are begging for some kind of direction and leadership. What do they get? Silence, and comments about DADT.

I really don't give a damn where you are on the issue, or what you think about "what goes in your pooper". It is not the time for this crap. Our commander-in-chief needs to show the troops he cares or even has a clue about about the war they are in instead of getting applause from a room full of gay rights activists. The house is burning down and we are talking about changing the wallpaper. It makes no sense.

Feet Wet

I just wish that he would make a fucking decision on what he is going to do in Afghanistan instead of talking about this shit.

We are going on a full fucking month that the commanding general in Afghanistan has requested north of 35,000 troops so that we can turn the tide over there. The response to "be patient" was weak from the beginning (can you imagine the outcry if Bush had done this?), and it gets worse every day. The military needs a lot of things right now. Most of all, our brothers-in-arms that are in the fight right now are begging for some kind of direction and leadership. What do they get? Silence, and comments about DADT.

I really don't give a damn where you are on the issue, or what you think about "what goes in your pooper". It is not the time for this crap. Our commander-in-chief needs to show the troops he cares or even has a clue about about the war they are in instead of getting applause from a room full of gay rights activists. The house is burning down and we are talking about changing the wallpaper. It makes no sense.

Reminds me of when we were in the thick of things in Iraq back in 05-06, and all the f'n Congress wants to do is clean up steroids in baseball (complete with circus act involving a crying McGuire, and Sosa acting like he doesn't understand English). What's important in Washington rarely lines up with the common American.

AJB37

I can't wait for my annual "understanding gay folks" brief, which you KNOW will be mandatory once we go down this path. On the positive side, we will be the best accessorized military in the world.

Please, someone in the know, convince me this is not going to come to fruition.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/11/us/politics/11speech.html

Best accessorized military my ass, have you seen what some of those African Generals wear?

a.jpg

If that doesn't just scream fabulous, then I don't know what does.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.