• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Attn: All FY08 STA-21 Selectees post up!

Flamedog

Freshly stashed Ensign
I promise you are glad, its truly a thankless job. The experience has provided me a chance to excell, but at a very high cost to my family and social as well as personal life.

That's what I figured. I knew it would be a good way to stand out but I didn't think it would be worth the cost for me. It sounds like I did make a good decision for myself not to go that route.

By the way, I'm definitely not trying to put down the Nuke community in any way, please don't be offended. I'm just saying that for me, I don't think I would have enjoyed it and probably would have gotten out of the Navy instead of pursuing my goals.

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
Most people do get out. Something like 75% of Nukes never reenlist. That is with bonuses through the roof and very quick advancement ( I made E6 in four years). This maybe a bit skewed, but the majority of people I know that reenlisted for a second time did so because the needed the SRB. Thankless job, and people, very important people are always monitoring you. They know just enough to be dangerous. For me I will never miss ORSE, PORSE, MTT, or NR.

68 Chevelle

MM1 Nuke->FY08 STA-21 NFO Selectee
I have known at least a dozen guys turn down $100,000 in srb to get out because its so bad. Advancement is fast, mostly because of the sheer volume of people leaving the community. I made E-6 in 3 years 5 months to the day.

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
I got accepted to Auburn and was going to go there, but I am staying here local to avoid a housing cunch ($$$ wise anyway).

EM1

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
Auburn called me tonight... They said that this is so and so from the admission and registration office. We'd like to remind you that if you don't pay an initial deposit for tuition that we can not guarentee you'll be able to take 12 semester hours or more. I kindly informed the nice lady, that I wouldn't be attending there. She was very polite. Sounded young. ;)

EM1

68 Chevelle

Auburn called me tonight... They said that this is so and so from the admission and registration office. We'd like to remind you that if you don't pay an initial deposit for tuition that we can not guarentee you'll be able to take 12 semester hours or more. I kindly informed the nice lady, that I wouldn't be attending there. She was very polite. Sounded young. ;)

EM1

Wow I am kind of surprised they are requiring a deposit! They have a HUGE Sta-21 enrollment, I wonder if that is a mistake?

Licarias

Anyone else on AW going to The Citadel? I kinda figured some of the nukes out in charleston would be going there. Although from what I read on here, I must be the oddball prefering the East Coast to the West 0.o

68 Chevelle

Anyone else on AW going to The Citadel? I kinda figured some of the nukes out in charleston would be going there. Although from what I read on here, I must be the oddball prefering the East Coast to the West 0.o

There are a few people that I know out of Charleston going to the Citadel, like you said, mostly all selected Nuke.

vicariousrider

War Eagle!

EM1

Thanks for the reminder! I gotta get that done.

Lightning26

Core - Boost February 08 - Embry Riddle: Grad/Commission May 2010

I only applied for Core, I would have applied for Pilot but my ASTB score was all 4's. Hopefully I will do better the next time I take it.