• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Attn: All FY08 STA-21 Selectees post up!

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is that Academic record or other?

We left it up to CAPT Barager to figure that out. We heard the SWO community does something similar and didn't want to be upstaged. I'll see if I can raise him this week and see how they will determine criteria.

haubby

None
Contributor
I'd say that AW has a pretty nice selection rate for STA-21. Word to the wise for the lurkers and future STA-21 applicants out there. Use the gouge you find here on AW!

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
So how many of you guys who were selected Core are wanting to fly? Anyone apply for Pilot/NFO and get selected for Core instead?

68 Chevelle

MM1 Nuke->FY08 STA-21 NFO Selectee
68 Chevelle - NFO - NSI February 08 - Eastern Michigan University: Grad/Commission May 2011

Also used AW gouge to be selected. I'm a MM1 Nuke. :)

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
I intend to fly, probaly NFO because of my age. Really I will be happy just as long as I never enter the Nuclear Community again...

68 Chevelle

I intend to fly, probaly NFO because of my age. Really I will be happy just as long as I never enter the Nuclear Community again...

Ditto! I applied for NFO and was selected NFO, but I really dont ever want to have to come back to the Nuke side.

Flamedog

Freshly stashed Ensign
Ditto! I applied for NFO and was selected NFO, but I really dont ever want to have to come back to the Nuke side.

Wow, seeing all these posts about not wanting to go back to Nuke duty makes me really glad I emphatically told the recruiters I didn't want to go Nuke. I enjoy being in the Aviation community and will enjoy it even more so from the inside of a cockpit!

68 Chevelle

Wow, seeing all these posts about not wanting to go back to Nuke duty makes me really glad I emphatically told the recruiters I didn't want to go Nuke. I enjoy being in the Aviation community and will enjoy it even more so from the inside of a cockpit!

I promise you are glad, its truly a thankless job. The experience has provided me a chance to excell, but at a very high cost to my family and social as well as personal life.