• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Attention Prior Aircrew

navy12

I'm a prior Navy Aircrewman currently pro-rec'd SNFO. For pay purposes, does anyone know if Enlisted "flight time" carries over to the Officer ranks? Thanks!!

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
http://buperscd.technology.navy.mil/bup_updt/upd_CD/BUPERS/Instructions/722029.PDF
c. Aviation Career Incentive Pay Rates. Table 22-6 of
reference (c) outlines ACIP rates (see enclosure (1)).
(1) For members whose aviation service starts as an
officer, the computation is from the individual's ASED.
(2) For members whose flight training commences prior to
their appointment as an officer, ACIP entitlement, career
screening gates, ACIP rates begin from the date of appointment
(acceptance and oath of office) as an officer, commissioned or
warrant, aviation commissioning date (ACD).
(3) For officers commissioned via the Naval Aviation
Cadet program (NAVCAD), who commence flight training before
becoming officers, ACIP entitlement, career screening gates and
ACIP rates begin with their check-in at the first aviation
facility having operational aircraft, in which the NAVCAD
receives flight training. This date serves as their ASED.
NAVCADS are the only officers authorized to draw ACIP prior to
their ACD.
BUPERSINST 7220.29A
17 Jun 2002
(4) An officer who receives Aviation Career Continuation
Pay (ACCP), formerly Aviation Continuation Pay (ACP), or
Aviation Officer Continuation Pay (AOCP) is entitled to the same
rate of ACIP as those officers not receiving ACCP. This change
became effective 1 October 1989.

MONTHLY AVIATION CAREER INCENTIVE PAY RATES – ALL OFFICERS
(EFFECTIVE 17 OCT 98)
YEARS OF AVIATION SERVICE
As an Officer (Includes Flight Training Monthly Rate​
2 or Less $125
Over 2 $156
Over 3 $188
Over 4 $206
Over 6 $650
Over 14 $840
Over 22 $585
Over 23 $495
Over 24 $385
Over 25 $250​

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
The only good thing is if you have any decent amount of flight time, you'll have more hours than any JO in your squadron. Only the front office had more than me when I checked in.
Nothing to go throwing around, but when the monthly tallies are posted in Ops and routed, that total time column will make you smile.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's ok, everyone knows it's SCT anyway. (smiles in effect)

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I know the pain I have 2,500 hours in the P-3 and checked in at Primary today. $125 a month woo hoo =(

I have felt your pain! Just remember that you are doing it for the love of the job.....Flight pay goes up with the responsibility. Over six rocks, but over 14 is even better!!!

-ea6bflyr ;)

docpup

What is another word for theaurus?
Not all crewman are payed the same either. I have 2200 total flight time in 4 HELO platforms and receive HDIP at the E-6 rate irrespective of the fact that I have been flying for 16 years. Flight HM's are not entitled to CFIP based on our detailer. In the CFIP instruction it states that to be entitled to CFIP orders need to be cut from PERS 404. HM's, though assigned to Sea going billets are detailed through PERS 407. A look whole that costs me about an extra $250 a month.

While I agree that flight time should count for something, the rate of flight pay is based on experience and accountability at a specific job. You may have been the shit as an AW with millions of hours, but as a nugget NFO or Pilot you are not a known commodity enough to warrant the pay for differential experience.

Rules suck, but they are the rules. Sorry for the hit in the wallet Sir.

BourneID

pilot
Not all crewman are payed the same either. I have 2200 total flight time in 4 HELO platforms and receive HDIP at the E-6 rate irrespective of the fact that I have been flying for 16 years. Flight HM's are not entitled to CFIP based on our detailer. In the CFIP instruction it states that to be entitled to CFIP orders need to be cut from PERS 404. HM's, though assigned to Sea going billets are detailed through PERS 407. A look whole that costs me about an extra $250 a month.

While I agree that flight time should count for something, the rate of flight pay is based on experience and accountability at a specific job. You may have been the shit as an AW with millions of hours, but as a nugget NFO or Pilot you are not a known commodity enough to warrant the pay for differential experience.

Rules suck, but they are the rules. Sorry for the hit in the wallet Sir.

In the P-3 Community a shit hot AW, is worth way more gold than a nugget NFO. Some of which dont kow their head from their ass, and when this prior AW, moves from NAV, to TC, trust me he will be way ahead of the game then most of the other NFO's in the same squadron. As for the pilot side, we are screwed.