• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ATSB and the Marine Corps

SaraUSMC

The NFO score is LOWER than the Pilot score. I scored well enough the first time for NFO, but not for pilot. I studied a lot, took it again, and scored well enough for pilot. For a person with no naval or aviation background, this test was hard.
I leave in 2 days for OCS with a pilot contract.

jtmedli

pilot
The NFO score is LOWER than the Pilot score. I scored well enough the first time for NFO, but not for pilot. I studied a lot, took it again, and scored well enough for pilot. For a person with no naval or aviation background, this test was hard.
I leave in 2 days for OCS with a pilot contract.

As sara said...Study and the ASTB is no big deal. Go into it blind and you're reaping what you sow because you simply will not do as well. There is simply too much good study material out there free. Not taking advantage of it is just laziness.

Airwolf

Gentlemen, I need HELP. my LT told me that I needed to take the ASTB on this Thursday yesterday if I wanted to graduate in May , so that is what I am planning on doing. As I am sure you can imagine, I am pissed because this isnt a test you "wing." I was actually planning on taking this in November to allot myself a few months to study. My LT explained that the packet has to be sent in by Friday of this week since I graduate in May...a "new rule." Does anyone have the inside scoop on the truth? Anyone have any tips?

jtmedli

pilot
Gentlemen, I need HELP. my LT told me that I needed to take the ASTB on this Thursday yesterday if I wanted to graduate in May , so that is what I am planning on doing. As I am sure you can imagine, I am pissed because this isnt a test you "wing." I was actually planning on taking this in November to allot myself a few months to study. My LT explained that the packet has to be sent in by Friday of this week since I graduate in May...a "new rule." Does anyone have the inside scoop on the truth? Anyone have any tips?

Why are you talking to a LT? You're OSO should be a Captain. Tell the LT you'd rather just speak to the OSO about the timeframe as far as submitting your package and what needs to be done. That or the OSA (a gunny usually). There's nothing, that I know of, that says you're package has to be done this week for May. That's a long way off for submitting in August.

sethschroeder

I think Airwolf got the same info I have been fed in the past from lower ranking people in the recruiting offices. Also the Captain I have talked to in the past has also said that they fill up the spots usually earlier than later. I think that is the reason they want you to send your information/packet in so early to get into may so you get in easier.

I was just told by not the actual recruiter that they have actually filled all the spots for Air and won't be reviewing anyone new until next October. Don't know how accurate that is but makes sense to me. Only reason I didn't apply already was I wanted to be sure that I was sure this is something I wanted to do. So ya I don't think there is a cut-off for when it has to be in but the longer you wait the more spots that fill-up.

AirSpiral

Got done taking my ASTB in the Navy office today-6/6/7/53

My recruiter told me that he got a guy in the other day that got rejected my the Marines with a 6.
Have the Marines gone off of the pass/fail bit, or is my Navy recruiter just flat wrong?

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Got done taking my ASTB in the Navy office today-6/6/7/53

My recruiter told me that he got a guy in the other day that got rejected my the Marines with a 6.
Have the Marines gone off of the pass/fail bit, or is my Navy recruiter just flat wrong?

It is still pass/fail. He was passed up for another reason. Probably because there are no air contracts with the Marine Corps for a while.....

Bullitt01

Hey fellas I'm in for a long saturday tomorrow. Up at 4:45am for MEPS then straight to the OSO's to run my PFT followed by the ASTB. I've been training/studying everyday for a solid 2 months now so Im looking forward to it. Ill be sure to post my results. S/F

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Hey fellas I'm in for a long saturday tomorrow. Up at 4:45am for MEPS then straight to the OSO's to run my PFT followed by the ASTB. I've been training/studying everyday for a solid 2 months now so Im looking forward to it. Ill be sure to post my results. S/F

Just curious: Why would you want to lump all those together? Do you live a great distance from the OSO's office?

Bullitt01

Just curious: Why would you want to lump all those together? Do you live a great distance from the OSO's office?

Yeah I live a solid hour & a half away so I didnt have much choice. My OSA suggested doing it all in one day & I was up for it. I just talked to him today though & he said I'll be the only Marine Corps officer candidate or poolee for that matter that will be at MEPS tomorrow so that part should fly by.