• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ATP questions??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwilliamsee

I was wondering if there was any point to getting my ATP multi before I get in. I still have a 3-month wait before OCS and have just recently gotten the FAA minimums for ATP. I should be ready to take the written in a few days. Would there be a benefit to showing up to primary with it or would it cause me to deal with a bunch of over expectation. Is it a hassle to get it later? Can you get signed off for it when you get typed in something for the navy? Will it be free in the navy or cost me money? I am multi-current now but might not be after OCS/API/Primary ect. It will probably cost 500-700$ and who wants to pay for flight training or airplanes at this stage of the game. Thoughts anyone?

jwilliamsee

Yea flunking out or NAMI whammi were my concerns and reasons for wanting to get it done now but the money is just not there. hopefully I can get signed off for it on some military type rating. What's the latest and greatest on you mike?

jwilliamsee

leaving for OCS on april 5th working part time to get by and support my flight instruction habbit. You have age on your side atleast. reapply and get a slot. its like a year wait anyway so you can still continue your civilian career. FYI don is getting transfered right after the holidays so I would call him soon. I think part-135 stuff is a far better career path these days than part 121. hope chicago express works for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.