• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ATC Stuck Mic

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Stuck mics in aviation....two types of aircrew in this situation.

Those that have and those that will.

MasterBates

ICS being accidentally in HOT MIC is bad too.. When you are cursing out your flight instructor. Not that I have done that...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
ICS being accidentally in HOT MIC is bad too.. When you are cursing out your flight instructor. Not that I have done that...

And let's not forget the good old HF Secure switch. I've had to listen to the whole startup checklist for the Bravo over Tower freq while trying to do SAR jumps. Maint. Cont. couldn't get someone out there fast enough until finally the MO just walked up to the aircraft and started yelling. :)

mts4602

already happened... only about 20hrs...was my instructor's mic though, haha. Tower was happy about that one. Happens all the time in our wonderful Cessnas.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Slight threadjack for Kingsville and Meridian guys. The cardinal rule of your first cat shot and trap is: ENSURE YOUR THUMB IS OFF THE MIC . . . or there may be some interesting things going out over Tower freq.