• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

At What Point in the Training Pipeline Is an Aviator Winged?

PMPT

From check in at NASP to wings was 2 years 9 month, as a Marine out of TW2. Pretty sure 1/3-1/2 of that time was spent doing absolutely fuck all. I'm not complaining too much because it's the best paid vacation in the United States, but the USN/USMC process is risibly inefficient, seemingly.

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
I understand that the 8 year minimum service commitment (MSC) clock for a naval aviator begins as one is winged.

However, at what point in the training pipelines does one receive their wings?

According to the information in the link below, there are 2 weeks of Introductory Flight Screening (IFS), followed by 6 weeks of
Aviation Preflight Indoctrination (API), and 24 weeks of Primary Flight Training. Then, assuming that one is selected for jets, it is approximately another 27 weeks after primary for intermediate training, and then finally, another 23 weeks for advanced/

At what point in this approximately 82 weeks of training does one receive their wings and the 8 years MSC begins to kick in, please?

Thanks.

Pro tip: You’re always earning your wings.