• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AT-6 excluded from Light Attack Aircraft

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
So, with an abundance of T-34Cs headed to Davis Monthan . . .

AT-34 anyone? :p

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
May be bullshit, but my onwing told me that Hawker Beechcraft made the Navy promise to mothball the T-34s instead of selling them to avoid flooding the markets.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
May be bullshit, but my onwing told me that Hawker Beechcraft made the Navy promise to mothball the T-34s instead of selling them to avoid flooding the markets.

Heard the same. The T-34Bs that used to be training command aircraft and then ended up in Navy flying clubs had structural issues. The T-34Cs I flew in Corpus were all bent/broken in various ways. I think it was a matter of liability more than anything. Beech didn't want to do the work to make them safe for the civilian market.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
I seem to remember a sim instructor (who also flew the occasional Buckeye OCF flight) in Meridian who was rumored to own a T-2C. Not sure how much truth there is to that.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
I seem to remember a sim instructor (who also flew the occasional Buckeye OCF flight) in Meridian who was rumored to own a T-2C. Not sure how much truth there is to that.

Yup, Bert Zeller flies it in airshows. He doesn't own it though, some rich guy does.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Bit of a kick in the balls for those country boys in Witchita

It would be nice if the boys in Wichita would honor their previous commitment to Uncle Sam to support the regular T-6 with enough spare parts. Then I might have some sympathy for them... ;)

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
At least the Taliban will look cool while they're crashing the shit out of them.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Breaking news on the wires this morning is that the USAF has awarded a $428MM contract to Embraer for 20 Super Tucanos. In addition to MHO that the Tucano is a better overall a/c than the AT-6B, this should assist Boeing in its efforts to sell Super Hornets to Brazil for their own fighter a/c upgrade program (this has dragged on for years, admittedly). It is important to keep the Super Hornet line open - cause the F-35C may or may not ever get built.