• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Astb

BullGator

It all depends on your comfort level - if you can take the practice tests in the time allotted and do well, then you should be fine. I took about 3 weeks to prepare from the info on this site & what eat posted - good stuff, you'll do fine.
GL to ya Eat - let us know how it goes
Thank you. I hope this hurricane doesn't mess everything up though.

I will let you know how it goes,maybe on the ASTB board though. I'm excited for now. Alright, time to get back to reviewing (heh. A dork, but a serious about flying, ASAP, dork).

About the origional question if 2 weeks is enough: whenever you take it, just go in confident and calm and you should do great. And like nugget was saying do the practices under timed conditions and work on ways to cut down the math times (short cuts), spatial apperception, and mechanical sections. You get about 55seconds/per Q, 24 seconds/question, and 30 seconds per question on those three sections, respectively.

BullGator

Ah, Relief. The Fay "hurricane" turned out to be nothing in Sarasota through Tampa (where I take my test), and thankfully was very weak on the rest of the state.

Just took my second practice ASTB from Barron's. Warning: anyone who is taking the Barron's practice SAT section don't necessarily believe what the answers say on the sapatial apperception (from memory, about 5 were off, (and one more, #24, on the final-supplimental section)). From my take, you need to be good enough at that to judge, while taking it, when the 5 answers all don't match the question; with time to spare while taking notes. Sometimes they will give a completely wrong answer and sometimes you just pick the answer that is closest (usually it will be off by pitch angle...)

Remember, this seems to be the easiest thing to study for and makes up a good part of your pilot and NFO scores. Rant...blah blah...I wouldn't neglect it.

Lobster

Ah, Relief. The Fay "hurricane" turned out to be nothing in Sarasota through Tampa (where I take my test), and thankfully was very weak on the rest of the state.

Just took my second practice ASTB from Barron's. Warning: anyone who is taking the Barron's practice SAT section don't necessarily believe what the answers say on the sapatial apperception (from memory, about 5 were off, (and one more, #24, on the final-supplimental section)). From my take, you need to be good enough at that to judge, while taking it, when the 5 answers all don't match the question; with time to spare while taking notes. Sometimes they will give a completely wrong answer and sometimes you just pick the answer that is closest (usually it will be off by pitch angle...)

Remember, this seems to be the easiest thing to study for and makes up a good part of your pilot and NFO scores. Rant...blah blah...I wouldn't neglect it.

Seems like the ARCO book is the way to go for the spacial stuff. I studied both books and I stuck with the ARCO book for that part. Again, I know I've said it before and other guys have too stay away from the Cliffs book with everything especially the spacial stuff. No Good can come of it!

BullGator

It all depends on your comfort level - if you can take the practice tests in the time allotted and do well, then you should be fine. I took about 3 weeks to prepare from the info on this site & what eat posted - good stuff, you'll do fine.
GL to ya Eat - let us know how it goes
Took it today: 58, 7, 7, 8.
Not the worst first scores, but I know it could have gone better. I'll definitely let you all know if it is good enough for a flight contract (could be a while, still need to take my PRTs...).

nugget61

pilot
Took it today: 58, 7, 7, 8.
Not the worst first scores, but I know it could have gone better. I'll definitely let you all know if it is good enough for a flight contract (could be a while, still need to take my PRTs...).

Awesome dude - I'll be seeing you in the Oct boards thread I'm sure!