• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Astb?

Logico

There used to be some really accurate practice tests posted on this site for the ASTB. I would just say that you should try to do as well as you can, take it again if you score really low, and then make sure the rest of your package (letters of rec, resume, motivation statement, etc.) is the very best you can make them.

ASTB "OAR" is just one of the many factors that the intel board will look at.

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
Study

duh....

But seriously. Talk to your recruiter. He/she should be able to point you to a couple of study guides.

On second though... from an email:

Study guide is www.petersons.com/airforce/books.asp Go to right side of page and study book labeled Military Flight Officer’s Aptitude Test. Test you will be taking is Navy and Marine Corps Aviation Selection Test Battery in Section 6 of book.

I only seriously studied for about a week before I took it, and ended up doing alright (7/8/7), but I feel I could have done better.

Print out a copy of the exam and answer key, go through it several times, and concentrate on any area you find difficult. For me, it was the mechanical problems - pulleys etc. I believe there may be another study guide as well but you'll have to wait for someone else to chime in...

Good Luck!

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Barrons makes a really decent study guide. If you have trouble with aerodynamics or spacial apperception, play flight simulator. Screw with the controls and see what happens. At least that helped for me.

The study guide really helped though!

nugget61

pilot
duh....

But seriously. Talk to your recruiter. He/she should be able to point you to a couple of study guides.

On second though... from an email:

Study guide is www.petersons.com/airforce/books.asp Go to right side of page and study book labeled Military Flight Officer’s Aptitude Test. Test you will be taking is Navy and Marine Corps Aviation Selection Test Battery in Section 6 of book.

I only seriously studied for about a week before I took it, and ended up doing alright (7/8/7), but I feel I could have done better.

Print out a copy of the exam and answer key, go through it several times, and concentrate on any area you find difficult. For me, it was the mechanical problems - pulleys etc. I believe there may be another study guide as well but you'll have to wait for someone else to chime in...

Good Luck!

Thanks for the online book!

Lobster

Yeah, everything you need to know is on this site. The barron's and the Arco books are the best study guides (I'd get the arco book first). DO NOT BUY THE CLIFFS BOOK, it won't help trust me I know. And to go off of what everyone else said there is a ton of info on this site to study with. Good luck.