• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micah

I recently talked to a navy recruiter who said that he thought that i could only take the ASTB twice. Is this True. Because i have already taken it twice and have failed to pass both times. The first time I took it the recruiter told me just to take the test to see how i would do and second time my score was not to bad. If this true could I take the ASTB for the Marines and see how I do. Would someone please clear this up for me. Thanks

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm no expert and haven't got the experience that some of the other members do, but I think you can take the ATSB again. If my understanding is correct, you can take the test a second time 32 days after your first attempt. You must wait 6 months after your second try before you can go for a third. So it looks like you will have to wait a while. I don't know anything about the test for the Marines -I think it is actually the same test but don't know for sure. Someone call me on this if I'm wrong.

tnutz

yea, i think it's 30 and 180 days because you'll be taking test 1 again, i believe... i don't think applying for the marines would get around that.

jwnole

I will be A Marine. My OSO and Gunny both maintain that you may take the test as many times as it takes. That is if you are willing to wait. Do not ever accept an unsatisfactory answer from the Navy. There is always a way to get what you want.

-jw

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You can take the ASTB as many times as you want. Only the last score will count. Between the first and second test you must wait a minimum of 30 days. Between the second and subsequent test, you must wait 180 days (6 months). You will also alternate between tests (Form 1 & 2). Hope this helps!
ea6bflyr
icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Micah
I recently talked to a navy recruiter who said that he thought that i could only take the ASTB twice. Is this True. Because i have already taken it twice and have failed to pass both times. The first time I took it the recruiter told me just to take the test to see how i would do and second time my score was not to bad. If this true could I take the ASTB for the Marines and see how I do. Would someone please clear this up for me. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.