• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB unanswered questions

snahopeful

First time post, long time reader,

I have spent a couple hours looking through the threads and can't find an answer. Does the questions you don't answer on the ASTB hurt you? Everytime I take the sample math section I always run out of time. So do I need to spend the last 5 mins and just pick an answer for all the unanswered ones or better to leave them untouched? Thanks.

Larry

arbor

I'm your huckleberry.
pilot
If I remember correctly, leaving questions blank doesn't count against you.

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
Definitely write in a random answer if you are just about out of time. If you get the question wrong, you don't lose any points. If you leave it blank, you are missing out on possible + points.

C-Mike

Definitely write in a random answer if you are just about out of time. If you get the question wrong, you don't lose any points. If you leave it blank, you are missing out on possible + points.

All unanswered questions count against you (zero points out of X possible). Do not leave any blank. If you are taking the computer version you will have the option to flag questions and return to them later (you can return to any question within the same section before time elapses). However before moving on to the next question, I'd suggest selecting the best answer after eliminating those that are obviously wrong. By selecting an "educated guess," if you run out of time you will have a chance at getting it right.
When I took the ASTB computer version I ran out of time on the math section. Although I flagged the questions I did not immediately answer, the last 45 seconds did not allow me enough time to review the flagged questions and simply "fill in the blanks." The computer/server lag to P-Cola didn't help either and I ended up leaving a few unanswered....zero credit.