• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

kabttu

Well, it's official, just got off the phone taking it thursday at 1pm. Time to start studying I guess. Anyone else taking it this week?

klostman

the happy dance!
kabttu, you will do fine. Study that Marine Corps study guide, review a little algebra/basic trig and physics. You will do good. Anybody correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember when I took the ASTB for the Navy way back, they only concerned with the math/verbal, mechanical comprehension part for non-aviation applicants. Brush up on some Naval history as well. That saved my butt big time on the test. Since your wanting to go crypto, those parts will be the important ones for you. Good luck to you!

kabttu

Well, took the test yesterday.
Got a 51 OAR score.
Been sick last few days so I suppose it's not too bad considering I didn't really study at all. May take it again in a few months. As its been said before the Marine study guide was very accurate. I glanced over it a few minutes before the test and I saw a lot of questions that were the same but with different numbers. Thanks for all the advice I've gotten off here too!

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
I take the test on thursday, I'm worried about the spacial apperception, I can ace the ARCO examples but I heard the actual test is a lot more extreme...

"Push the stick foward, the houses get bigger; pull back, the houses get smaller... unless you keep pulling back, then they get bigger again."

kn

Originally posted by wildflyin69
I take the test on thursday, I'm worried about the spacial apperception, I can ace the ARCO examples but I heard the actual test is a lot more extreme...
Yeah the actual spatial apperception test is more difficult with more angles thrown at you than what you find in the ARCO examples. Also, the pictures aren't as clear on the APEX workstations. The one on which I took the test had an old and blurry monitor. 5 mins into the test my eyes started getting all watery.

kabttu

i didn't really study the spatial apperceptions very much since i'm not going aviation, but from what i did look over, the ones on the test were very different than the ones in the study guide. no clouds or boats or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.