• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB TEST 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

twnupe3

Quick question? Has anyone taken test 2 after studying the latest Marine info gouge? I look to do well this time around. I finished w/ 5's after the useless ARCO books. If I had the latest gouge for it the 1st time around I am sure I would have done great, how about test 2?
Any info is greatly appreciated I have 1 week.

Thanks

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The gouge pretty much covers both test (They are very similar). Good luck!
ea6bflyr
icon_smile.gif

twnupe3

Thanks question on spatial apperception? Which direction direction a plane is banking whether it is 60 degrees or 45 is cake, climb/decent easy any tips on whether the plane is flying to sea or land. There was mention of extending the shoreline step 3 in the Marine gouge. Any further information?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Use the three rules on all questions, and if you are still unsure, GUESS!
ea6bflyr
icon_smile.gif

tnutz

i just took test 2 yesterday, passed! use the marine study guide. i found it after taking the test the first time and it helps. it's not gonna do anything dramatic but it helps for sure.

AllenAzali

the marine study guide has nothing about the reading comprehension problems...and as from what i can remember (test #1) they were a bi*ch.

twnupe3

Any insight on the # of vocab questions on Test #2? Any questions I should take a hard look at in the ARCO book? I understand all concepts in the Marine Study Guide. Any test taking tips? Ie. tackle the math questions first. Are the last of the MVT questions the most difficult? If running out of time where should I be guessing? I too, found the study guide after taking the first test. I know there are some guy that have done really well, PLEASE HELP. I am 3 days from D-Day!

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
I look to do well this time around. I finished w/ 5's after the useless ARCO books
So is this to say that the ARCO "Officer Candidate Tests" book is not worth getting? Besides the ARCO book, what else is there to help study for the ASTB? Thanks.

Semper FI

twnupe3

Not exactly, they helped me w/ the format. If you dig deep into the AFOQT ANT sections they helped but I was pretty dissappointed for the most part. Now, had I had the Marine study guide first time around I surely wouldn't be taking the test again so I hope that they are similar. In short I would use both to help me study but the Marine guide is MUCH more helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.