• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB Study Guides

Status
Not open for further replies.

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
I bought three books off of Amazon last week and figured I should relay whether or not they're any good. All of them go for about the same price (15-18 dollars).

Arco is exactly what I expected, everyone says its good for some stuff, bad for others. I know there's a way to read/print it for free online but my internet access is unreliable here at home so I figured I might as well just buy the thing.

The Cliff's Notes version is similar to Arco, its got a lot of good material to help review concepts for the math/verbal and mechanical sections. I'd say its about even with Arco but the first time I heard anything about it was on Amazon.

Learning Express is hands down the worst of the three and by far the worst test prep book I've ever seen. It has a lot of blatant mistakes and is so vastly different from the other two books and from the PDF files I got from this website that I question whether or not the authors have ever seen or taken the ASTB. The mistakes that I've noticed make me wonder how many there are that I didn't see the first time around. I would be returning it to Amazon except that I wrote in the margins and tore out a score sheet already. I guess I can use it to start a fire or something.

Anyway I take the ASTB next week so I'll report back as to whether or not any of them were particularly helpful.

-MAS-

Status
Not open for further replies.