• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB study guide

EMTpilot

My test had a completely different section on the spatial apperception. It was a UAV and it had a map on the left portion that indicated which way North was and the course direction of the UAV. On the right hand side it had a building and four separate parking lots. You had to determine, based on which way the UAV was flying on your map (given to you), which parking lot was either, NORTH, SOUTH, WEST, OR EAST from an aerial camera. I have yet to find any study guides that have this, but this portion killed my score on the flight portion. I will have to retake the test in 90 days, so if anyone can find any information on this to help me study, that would help immensely.
You are new to AW, so welcome! Regarding the new test that was released at the end of 2013 there is tons of info on here about it. Read it, learn it, profit. Best of luck my friend.

Tyler Houston

Not that new of a member
My test had a completely different section on the spatial apperception. It was a UAV and it had a map on the left portion that indicated which way North was and the course direction of the UAV. On the right hand side it had a building and four separate parking lots. You had to determine, based on which way the UAV was flying on your map (given to you), which parking lot was either, NORTH, SOUTH, WEST, OR EAST from an aerial camera. I have yet to find any study guides that have this, but this portion killed my score on the flight portion. I will have to retake the test in 90 days, so if anyone can find any information on this to help me study, that would help immensely.

Also know that you can do the practice section for the UAV test as many times as you want. Knowing that going into that test was why I passed it. Practiced like 6 times until answers were rolling in around 1-2 seconds. Studying for this section beforehand was pretty unnecessary...

speedroller

Rangers
Does anyone know which book from Accepted Inc. has been updated and corrected? Online there are still many books from Accepted Inc., question would be how to know which one is the old version and what is the new one.

Pierrej

Blue to Blue
Does anyone know which book from Accepted Inc. has been updated and corrected? Online there are still many books from Accepted Inc., question would be how to know which one is the old version and what is the new one.

Hey I just got my book in the mail the one with the 2014 publish date is the updated version.

speedroller

Rangers
Hey I just got my book in the mail the one with the 2014 publish date is the updated version.

Roger. I also contacted Accepted Inc. and from what I learned all copies have been updated with vendors, such as, Barns & Noble, Amazon etc. As long as it is a new copy, they guaranteed me that the changes have been made.

JunkyardDog

I am just a Junior and I won't test until next summer, but I am extremely nervous. I an out of school this summer so I will start making my note cards now. I was looking for a used accepted book, but now I see I need to buy a brand new one.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I am just a Junior and I won't test until next summer, but I am extremely nervous. I an out of school this summer so I will start making my note cards now. I was looking for a used accepted book, but now I see I need to buy a brand new one.
Like others have said, if you contact the company, they will make it right.

Diana

Awesome scores and great improvement man. What form did you take the 1st and 2nd times? How long ago did you take the test? Oh and which book were you using?

Thanks
Hello, I am studying for the OAR, any useful tips? I printed the astb gouge they have here and also studying from a gmat/math book.

Lesley Adams

I've modified a popular study guide that has been circulating these forums for quite some time and figured I would share it.

90% of the content is from the original, I believe the creator was apatrickfly...so most of the credit goes to him.

It can be downloaded here since this forum is only allowing me to upload .pdf's. Enjoy. Good luck.

ASTB Study Guide

Is there a way that you can email me the file?
I cannot download on my ship and won't be off of here for another few days

jcasti65

This is a question for Patrick Leblanc. I was looking at the study guide you posted (which I do appreciate by the way) and I came across this question...

A businesswoman spends 1/5 of her income for rent, and 3/8 of the remainder goes towards salary. How much does she have remaining? • First take 1/5 away from 1, giving her 4/5. Multiply 4/5 * 3/8 = 12/40 = 3/10. • 3/10 is the final answer

To me the solution seems incorrect. Wouldn't you need to subtract the 3/10 from the 4/5. I think the 3/10 illustrates the amount that went to the salary.
My question is simply, what do you think?

heres a good one....

http://www.proprofs.com/flashcards/search.php?page=1&search=astb

also...local libraries have free astb electronic tests (timed) that are free and you can keep taking them. there are also plenty of books with numerous practice tests

GOOD LUCK

I was using them yesterday to study and they aren't too bad. But I'm trying to get as much help as possible, none of the study guides are opening for me. Can someone send it to me in an email? And if I'm understanding correctly, the consensus is the new version by accepted inc does help?