• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB Scores and next steps!

vudabu

I am applying for the NAVY Officer program in Nuclear, Surface Warfare, and Intelligence. I took the ASTB test today and my scores were 53 (OAR), 6 (AQR), 6 (PFAR), and 7 (FOFAR). I realize that for the nuclear positions, the test is not required, but I am really interested in the intelligence officer position. I want to retake the test in September, but I cannot seem to find good study guides. I noticed that when I took the test, some sections were very different from the practice tests I took. Could anyone please send me some information on how best to study for the test? I majored in Chemical Engineering (but my GPA is only 3.2) and I have three recommendations from my professors. I could also get another recommendation from another professor if needed. I think my biggest concern is the reading comprehension section.

GreenLantern330

Everyone studies and learns differently, so it depends on what works best for you. Remember don't necessarily study harder; study smarter! Search the threads to find good study guides/gouge. There's literally thousands of posts filled with really good info that will help you out. As for getting selected overall, don't forget about the "whole person" concept. Get more involved in your community (i.e. community service, church/temple, or local sports groups), and you might wanna look into doing officer interviews. There's plenty you can do to improve your package.

vudabu

Hey, So I retook the ASTB and scored OAR 64, AQR 7, PFAR 7, and FOFAR 8. Overall better scores. What do you think my chances are in making it? I applied for intel, swo, and nupoc

Little background
I have a BS in Chemical Engineering GPA 3.13/4.00 with some community involvement.

jtmedli

pilot
Hey, So I retook the ASTB and scored OAR 64, AQR 7, PFAR 7, and FOFAR 8. Overall better scores. What do you think my chances are in making it? I applied for intel, swo, and nupoc

Little background
I have a BS in Chemical Engineering GPA 3.13/4.00 with some community involvement.

What are your chances? 35%...Seriously though, it's all right time, right place. Your scores are good so unless you have something detrimental in your package then you should be fine.

Your first set of scores were average. You second set are notably higher than average. Aside from that, it's all a bit of a crap shoot. You improved your odds, however, by getting that better OAR.