• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB score

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptor2216

I don't really know how the scoring works on the ASTB but here is what I got: 6 5 6. Now, I don't know wxactlly what that means except that I did pass it. Are there any marines out there who can tell me what those numbers mean? What does the average marines pilot score? Also, correct me if i'm wrong but isn't NFO diferent from pilot? My OSO told me that I qualified for both pilot and NFO, so thats why I figure there is a difference between the two. Also, does an NFO have to score higher or lower than a pilot?

on a different note, if anyone wants some examples of the kind of questions on the ASTB then feel free to ask since they are somewhat fresh in my memory at the moment.

SNA Russell

Raptor,

The pilot is obviously the guy who sits in the front seat and maneuvers the plane. The NFO, or Radar Intercept Officer (RIO), is the guy who sits in the back. I.e., Goose in Top Gun. I believe that in the Navy, NFOs and Pilots need the same scores to qualify. From what I've learned, 100% of aviators will tell you to go for pilot.

-Rory

Status
Not open for further replies.