• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB score to be competitive for OCS

exNavyOffRec

@ Navy Officer Recruiter
I am an E-5 in the Navy and have had a great career so far. I was able to finish my an AA, and a Dual Bachelors. One was General Studies and the other in CJ, my GPA was a 3.7 , I did all that while at a sea going command. I cuerrently started my OCS package and just took my ASTB. I scored 50 AOR and a 5/6/5 after a lot of studyin, I do not have a chance to retake because we are going back out to sea. As far as my Navy career I have been in for 8 years and doing great things, I am dual qualed EAWS/ESWS and I am on top of my qualifications. Do you think I have good chances to get picked up for NFO or AMDO?

Well, you are in a better position to get picked up SWO, your AQR and FOFAR are not great, and AMDO generally picks those with a background in aviation maintenance.

USAF_WX2USN

It is a 2 part exam, if a person is not going for SNA/SNFO/AMDO, they just take part 1, however often it is just referred to as the ASTB, of course this probably confuses many people, shoot, I had a CEC applicant take the exam when I first started and he was not required to take ANY exam!

BLUF: Be prepared to take the whole test

Unfortunately, for my NRD they made you take the whole test regardless. It was their policy and they said "there was no way to separate the test". I know that we spoke about this before. Regardless, I just focused on the OAR part and just went through the rest.

exNavyOffRec

BLUF: Be prepared to take the whole test

Unfortunately, for my NRD they made you take the whole test regardless. It was their policy and they said "there was no way to separate the test". I know that we spoke about this before. Regardless, I just focused on the OAR part and just went through the rest.

If anyone says they can't do just the OAR tell them to call Joyce (she is the administrator in Pensacola) and she can tell them how to do their job, especially since at OR school and processor school they talk about giving just the OAR and how to merge the exams if a person wants to take the aviation section after taking just the OAR but within 30 days.