• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB Score Release

Bigcat18

I just took the ASTB on Tuesday and finished my Biographical Inventory that same night. How long does it usually take for the Navy to release the rest of your scores after your Biographical Inventory is completed?

Completely separate question. I went to MEPS last week and when they ask me how much alcohol do I drink I was not thinking and told them I have 6 or 7 drinks on Friday and Saturday. I am over 21 so I feel like this shouldn't be a huge issue, but I was wondering if this will negatively impact my chances of getting into OCS.

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None
I just took the ASTB on Tuesday and finished my Biographical Inventory that same night. How long does it usually take for the Navy to release the rest of your scores after your Biographical Inventory is completed?

Completely separate question. I went to MEPS last week and when they ask me how much alcohol do I drink I was not thinking and told them I have 6 or 7 drinks on Friday and Saturday. I am over 21 so I feel like this shouldn't be a huge issue, but I was wondering if this will negatively impact my chances of getting into OCS.
I got my scores almost immediately.

I had a similar experience at MEPS. I said the most I would ever drink in a single sitting was 6 beers and I was 25. The doctor there wouldn't clear me until I got a psych consult. So I had to come back 2 weeks later for the psych evaluation from the off base practice. He cleared me of any dependencies and we bs'd about aviation for almost an hour. It didn't hinder my chances at OCS. Once at OCS, since I had that evaluation on file, I had to see the Chief from the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention program as well as another psych eval. Everyone except the doctor at MEPS shrugged it off and agreed that I'm not an alcoholic.
Long story short, you should be fine.

Bigcat18

I got my scores almost immediately.

I had a similar experience at MEPS. I said the most I would ever drink in a single sitting was 6 beers and I was 25. The doctor there wouldn't clear me until I got a psych consult. So I had to come back 2 weeks later for the psych evaluation from the off base practice. He cleared me of any dependencies and we bs'd about aviation for almost an hour. It didn't hinder my chances at OCS. Once at OCS, since I had that evaluation on file, I had to see the Chief from the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention program as well as another psych eval. Everyone except the doctor at MEPS shrugged it off and agreed that I'm not an alcoholic.
Long story short, you should be fine.

Thanks for the heads up.

bluehens15

I said the same thing when I went. The doc said "you're a senior in a college town, I would be considered if you didn't drink that much" haha

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None
I said the same thing when I went. The doc said "you're a senior in a college town, I would be considered if you didn't drink that much" haha
He was actually concerned because I'm too old to be partying like I'm in college. Then he gave me a guilt trip about what would happen if I was out getting drunk with my friends and a family member ended up in the hospital for some reason. There's no way I would ever be able to make it there to see them.

exNavyOffRec

If the MEPS doc didn't have you set up for a psych consult you are fine, and you had a decent doc, I had a candidate that said pretty much the same thing to the doc at our MEPS, sent to psych and diagnosed as a binge drinker which led to being PDQ.