• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB Results are in...

dudemack

And I got a 54 6-6-6. Second time taking it and I think they're good enough for NFO. At the test, the Chief asked me what I got on my first ASTB. It was a 48, 5-5-5. He said I was a moron, and that 98% of people score lower their second go around. Thank god I proved him wrong.

Mack

Donnybrooker

pilot
That's interesting because my recruiter told me that he's never seen someone do worse the second time around. Either way, congrats on the score!

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
And I got a 54 6-6-6. Second time taking it and I think they're good enough for NFO. At the test, the Chief asked me what I got on my first ASTB. It was a 48, 5-5-5. He said I was a moron, and that 98% of people score lower their second go around. Thank god I proved him wrong.

Mack

:eek: What a DICK to be saying that at a RECRUITING office?! Either way, great job on the improvement!

ajosephb

Congrats on the scores.

I am just glad to finally recieve the results. I've been waiting for almost 2 months.

43 4-4-4

Low scores, but at least my package can move forward now.

I'm active duty...10 years deep...AT1...I'm going to submit this OAR score and run with it. AMDO or Supply

Its been quite stressful getting everything situated.

MasterHaynes86

6-6-6 59 and i avoided NFO... grats on the improvement. My OSO also said its rare for someone to lower the second time around because typically people want to do better and know how to study for it...

bsubdevils

You guys didn't use APEX? I had my scores in about 2 minutes. My recruiter hates the paper version haha - so do I. I like seeing exactly how much time is left with the movement of a mouse.

Nice scores there Haynes!

ajosephb

I heard that the APEX version was extremely slow so I opted to take the paper version first. I was told that it sometimes takes 10-15 seconds to move onto the next question.

I'm probably wrong though. ha

bsubdevils

Naw, it wasn't bad for me at all. The only thing that was a little slow was my mouse (I should really get a mousepad for next time) but the test ran fine for me.

millerjd

Stayin' alive
I heard that the APEX version was extremely slow so I opted to take the paper version first. I was told that it sometimes takes 10-15 seconds to move onto the next question.

I'm probably wrong though. ha

It is slow. I recently took it and even had it freeze up on me.

The proctor told me it was possible that it could happen but not to fret, whenever you complete a question, it marks the time locally and when (if) you get your next question, the clock goes back to when you completed your last question. If it freezes up, same will happen after the reboot and logging back in. I got a free extra 5 minutes during the test plus whatever mind numbing seconds between questions. Unfortunately for me, the aviation part was the easy part and didn't need a break then and that's when it froze.

So I liked the idea of the APEX cause it plays fair and even gives you the benefit of the doubt. And gives you your results at the end so no waiting

FSF17

pilot
What's a competitive score for NFO? I'm thinking my package may be a little weak for SNA but may be OK for SNFO... just looking for some comparisons. thanks