• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudboger_19

I am going to take the test in about a week or two, i have been studying the ARCO book, and the Gauges on this site. Does anyone else have any suggestions that i could use? i would really appreciate it. i am applying for the BDCP, and i want to do Oceanography. I would love anything and everything that anyone could tell me.
thanks

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you can do all of the stuff in the practice test from this site, you should do very well on the real test. Going over the ARCO book can only help. If you feel like you're ready based on the practice and Arco, then you are definitely ready for the real ASTB.

DairyCreamer

Where can the files be found?

~Nate

ben said:
If you can do all of the stuff in the practice test from this site, you should do very well on the real test. Going over the ARCO book can only help. If you feel like you're ready based on the practice and Arco, then you are definitely ready for the real ASTB.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nate - I was referring to the practice test. Is that what you need? Go to the "home" link at the top of the page. Under the list of forums, there is one called "Gouge." Click it. Scroll down a little bit and you'll see "ASTB Gouge.PDF" Download it. That's the practice test that will help you on the ASTB.

Let me know if you were looking for something else.

jca320

I took it 2 weeks ago. Here is what I recommend. Study the gouges first. Then do the Arco book. Next go BACK to the gouges.

Best

John

mizzoufan

There is only one file up now right?? Is there any others to study besides that one and the Arco book?

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
All you need to do is look at the practice test. The above post by jca320 is the link to get it. THE PRACTICE IS AS CLOSE TO THE REAL THING AS IT GETS.

mizzoufan

I just got a call from my recruiter and I am taking the test next friday. Not much time to study, but that is ok. Does the navy give much preference on your major. I am biology major at University of Missouri. I have a 3.97 GPA so that should give me some boost right?

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
With a GPA that high your major probably doesn't matter too much. Do well on the ASTB and you should be fine. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.