• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB last attempt.

Ezejay_11

If I can’t get any flight sim sticks, what are some things I can do to help prepare for that section of the test? I’m a broke college guy

MotorCookie

If I can’t get any flight sim sticks, what are some things I can do to help prepare for that section of the test? I’m a broke college guy
If you can't afford an X52, any HOTAS is better than none. I have a spare PS4 Thrustmaster stick and throttle that I can send you if you're willing to pay shipping. I used to use it to practice but upgraded to the x52.

dav246

Looks like you may have scored some sticks already, in the meantime, practicing with mouse and keyboard for a few days will at least get your brain used to multitasking.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Also to keep track of what you’ve studied, write down on a piece of paper the subjects then next to them write down the date you studied that topic!

For example

Math:
Distance Rate Time: 10/20, 10/25
Exponents: 10/21
Geometry: 10/15, 10/16
Etc

Mechanical:
Etc..

goofygoober7

Current progress:

-UAV sim: Perfect runs more often than not, 1.3 second averages
-Jantzens: Sub 120 averages double tracking with dichotic listening, usually 100% accuracy. Sub 140 for Emergency procedures.
-Terrain ID: 18/20 averages
-Prep app tests: 80% averages.
Those UAV and Jantzen's are very similar to my scores. Which got me a 9 PFAR.

Make sure to do some Jantzen's where you start on the easy and end hard. The ASTB was probably the middle 60% from easy-hard. Do a few runs ~15 min the day off the test to warm up the hands.

dav246

Those UAV and Jantzen's are very similar to my scores. Which got me a 9 PFAR.

Make sure to do some Jantzen's where you start on the easy and end hard. The ASTB was probably the middle 60% from easy-hard. Do a few runs ~15 min the day off the test to warm up the hands.
I've just been going hard mode the whole time. The plan was to do a few runs in the morning after some excersize, then just relax and play with the HOTAS until its time to go. Taking it 1300 on Monday.