• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB in the Morning

Jameski

Samsonite... I was WAY off!!
Get plenty of sleep and eat a good (but not huge) breakfast! :) Are you taking the computer or the paper test?

knigry01

OCC 193...SNFO
know the A + B = C so C + D = ?. I think there are several like this on the test. Actually, if someone has a problem like this, could you put how to solve it on here. I'm retaking in a couple days and am not sure on this type.

gtxc2001

See what the monkey eats, then eat the monkey
pilot
Contributor
Well,

I took the old version back in the summer of 2002, but I suspect that this advice still holds true. A) Don't freak out about it, a decent high school education will set you up for success. B) Work fast. Don't get wrapped around the axle if you don't know a question. I think that too many people spend too much time on the spatial orientation questions. Work through the section answering the ones that you can figure out rapidly, then go back and take acrack at the more difficult questions.

Hope this helps.

batman527

Banned
navytyger said:
Thanks guys.

I think the equation is A squared + B sq = C sq

That's the pythagorian theorem, which is a useful theorem to know. But I think what he was talking about was the ability to reason out: "if A + B = C, and if D - C = A, then what must be true?

A) B < C
B) D > B
C) C = B
D) I quit this F***ing Test!"

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
raptor10 said:
But my rep dont mean #$&*!
That's odd... I thougt that with two green boxes you would at least give out something... maybe its a time-on-board-issue too.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
WOW I've got TWO GREEN BOXES... Ive waited for this day! Thanks for pointing that out eddie!

knigry01

OCC 193...SNFO
"That's the pythagorian theorem, which is a useful theorem to know. But I think what he was talking about was the ability to reason out: "if A + B = C, and if D - C = A, then what must be true?"

Yeah, this type of question took me WAY to long the first time. Anybody want to let me in on the quickest way through these?

Jameski

Speaking of reputation, what's the deal with that? Last December someone I guess gave me "bad" reputation because he said he didn't like my signiture so now my post count won't go past 35!! :confused: :icon_tong

Jameski

Now, of course, when I say something, it goes up to 37!! :) Kobyra, thanks for the explanation of that equation...I think I got it when I took the test but it took me way too long!