• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB in San Diego this Monday

exNavyOffRec

Because you fall under NRD San Diego's recruiting area you have to take it with them.

You can take the exam anywhere, if a person is on vacation in Michigan but lives in Texas they can take it in Michigan, the limiting factor is a test administrator to give the exam.

B619

So I was supposed to take the ASTB (OAR portion) on the 13th or 15th of this month but according to my recruiter, there are no ASTB tests the whole month of May. I didn't know that getting a spot open in San Diego was this tough. It's just making me even more anxious for waiting at the same time it gives me more time to study. He is telling me to take the test at March Air Force Base but that is like an hour and a half drive

How far in advance did you have to schedule for the ASTB for those who have taken in in San Diego?

USAF_WX2USN

I'm nowhere near San Diego, but my recruiter is 2hrs away from where i live. Every time driving up there to do something, because that's what it took. The week before my kit was due, I was up there 3 times in a week. You do what you have to do. There are plenty of folks that have driven farther.

B619

I'm not concerned about driving and I'm willing to drive there. My friend also in the Air Force even offered that he'd drive my car up there while I study since he goes there for duty. I was just bummed that I won't be able to take it on the 13th or 15th because I'll be a bit busy after then plus the anxiety is just killing me. On the bright side, that means more study time. Are tests administered on Saturdays or Sundays? It might be the only days I'll be free until the end of this month.

USAF_WX2USN

I'm not concerned about driving and I'm willing to drive there. My friend also in the Air Force even offered that he'd drive my car up there while I study since he goes there for duty. I was just bummed that I won't be able to take it on the 13th or 15th because I'll be a bit busy after then plus the anxiety is just killing me. On the bright side, that means more study time. Are tests administered on Saturdays or Sundays? It might be the only days I'll be free until the end of this month.

Understandable. I don't know the answer to that. For my recruiter, he offered it at 0900 and 1300 m-F. I would bet on no for the weekends, as nothing on the admin side of the house is ever open on the weekends. But march is a reserve base, so perhaps they would offer something on their UTA weekend? But that won't be until the beginning of June. Perhaps check with a ROTC unit? Best of luck. Look at it as more time to study :)

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
ASTB exams for NRD San Diego are now done VIA computer. If you're in San Diego, you still take it at the ASW/NMAWC base. If you're in Orange County, you'll be taking it in Seal Beach real soon. If you live in the Inland Impire area, you'll take it in Moreno Valley. If you live in Vegas, you'll take it in Vegas. Instead of monday mornings, you can schedule a date and time with your recruiter.

exNavyOffRec

ASTB exams for NRD San Diego are now done VIA computer. If you're in San Diego, you still take it at the ASW/NMAWC base. If you're in Orange County, you'll be taking it in Seal Beach real soon. If you live in the Inland Impire area, you'll take it in Moreno Valley. If you live in Vegas, you'll take it in Vegas. Instead of monday mornings, you can schedule a date and time with your recruiter.

Looks like they finally were able to get NRD SD to conform!

exNavyOffRec

They were trying to get NRD SD to conform when I took the test 3 years ago. I am kind of disappointed. STAY STRONG SAN DOG

It did take a while, and MANY good candidates missed boards because of them being stubborn, basically Pensacola called BS on the reason NRD SD gave for delaying and the new exams then forced them to change.

Candidates were actually travelling to other NRD's to take the ASTB.

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot
It did take a while, and MANY good candidates missed boards because of them being stubborn, basically Pensacola called BS on the reason NRD SD gave for delaying and the new exams then forced them to change.

Candidates were actually travelling to other NRD's to take the ASTB.

Ah so I was not the only poor soul that missed a board or two, but no bitterness on my part even though I found NRD SD "quaint" at times. And I did hear of several candidates heading to other districts (LA, SF, etc.)

B619

Thanks for the heads up. I'm assuming the ASW base is in Point Loma. I was kind of hoping it was still paper because I'd be able to see the exam as a whole when looking through for the easier questions to answer. Are the new tests up now that they are through a computer or are they still the old forms 3, 4, and 5?