• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB in San Diego this Monday

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
Just wondering if anyone on here is taking the ASTB this monday in SD. Ill be there.

I can't speak for SD, but when I went to take the ASTB last week in El Segundo, I was under the impression that I'd be in a room with other test takers and a proctor. Turns out it was just me and a computer inside one of the recruiting office's tiny little rooms. :)

Good luck on your ASTB!

BDfan88

Where do you live? I live in Orange County but my recruiter is sending me to San Diego to take it. El Segundo is so much closer to me lol.

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
Where do you live? I live in Orange County but my recruiter is sending me to San Diego to take it. El Segundo is so much closer to me lol.

I live in Northridge (San Fernando Valley), so it was definitely the closest location for me. I don't think you're required to take the ASTB at any particular location—that is, you may just be able to contact the El Segundo office (I spoke with Daniel Roman)—but don't quote me on that. :)

BDfan88

I live in Northridge (San Fernando Valley), so it was definitely the closest location for me. I don't think you're required to take the ASTB at any particular location—that is, you may just be able to contact the El Segundo office (I spoke with Daniel Roman)—but don't quote me on that. :)
OK well its too late now lol.

Snappers

FS SNA - OCS 02 Dec 2012
im taking it aug 6. i was suppose to take it this coming monday...but i wanted more time to study.
I don’t know when they are switching to the new test but it should have been on or about June 1st and I would highly suggest you take the old test before the new one rolls out due to the massive amount of gouge and other study materials that are readily available. I am not sure when they are planning on making the switch (delayed for some reason) NavyOffRec might have more info on this but like I said if you wait, it might end up hurting you in the long run, plus when they rollout this new test you get three more chances at it (I think) so there is no real harm in trying.

exNavyOffRec

I don’t know when they are switching to the new test but it should have been on or about June 1st and I would highly suggest you take the old test before the new one rolls out due to the massive amount of gouge and other study materials that are readily available. I am not sure when they are planning on making the switch (delayed for some reason) NavyOffRec might have more info on this but like I said if you wait, it might end up hurting you in the long run, plus when they rollout this new test you get three more chances at it (I think) so there is no real harm in trying.

It was supposed to be June 1st, then the authorization sat on someones desk waiting to be signed, then they realized not all the computers had some upgrade done so that is being done this week in many places, so who knows, it could be sooner or later?

jpa140

thanks for the info...

i have been calling nrd sd quite often only because 1) my friend told me when he took the astb back in april, they said starting june they will only administer the test the 1st monday of the month. when i called them ( even after June) they stated they are still issuing the test every Monday morning. 2) when i asked about the new version, they stated they do not know when they will be issuing it out anad the old paper version will still go on. They also stated to me that even if i take all 3 chances and have yet to score a good score on the ASTB, it will already count for my 3 chances for using the new version.

if anyone can confirm this, that would be nice.

fyi to the original poster: when i took the astb back in oct 2011, they left the AC on the entire weekend and it pretty much felt like a freezer in the room. luckily i wore a long sleeve. bring a sweater just in case. ;)

Loobs

Im in the Marines now and Im going to the Marine OSO in San Diego this Friday, Aug 3rd to take the ASTB. Any word on if they have the new tests in place or if I'll be taking the old ones (ver 3, 4, 5) ??

BDfan88

Im in the Marines now and Im going to the Marine OSO in San Diego this Friday, Aug 3rd to take the ASTB. Any word on if they have the new tests in place or if I'll be taking the old ones (ver 3, 4, 5) ??
Where you gonna go for the ASTB? NRD SD?

exNavyOffRec

Due to glitches still the old version