• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFgirl

leatherneck82 said:
But to be honest there are no cute math majors.

Hey! I was a Math Major (of course the exams I did the best on were the Bar Exams on Thursday nights,but STILL) !!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :icon_rage

I also wanted to add that I took the ASTB form 3 today, and all I studied was the gouge on this site for the old forms... didn't really find any true differences and thought that just what I found on this site REALLY prepared me...

Just my $0.02

Cdyboy

We'll it Still remains to be proven if your cute or not? LOL

Just playing around...don't take it to the chicks

GTIGirlVR6

Hey Y'all....

Thanks CDYBOY for all the stuff you have been sending..DEFINENTLY a lifesaver! I just wanted to let you all know tht I found a place to download the ARCO book (the old one) so that you can wait for the new one to come out, if you want, and STILL have something to study from. Email me and I will send it!
I guess Ihave one question because my study guide (from Cliffs Test) said I was wrong, but I think I was right ( we all know the books have errors). If you want to turn the nose of the plane right would you use the left rudder pedal or the right? And what change would that cause to the rudder (ie. and to the left therefore causeing he nose to go right or move rudder to the right causing the nose to go right) :confused: Ok thanks!
Oh and, how much Nautical history did you have to know for the test?
Well time to finish my papers and get my a$$ outside running ...oh maybe not..thanks hurricane Jeanne...

usnmerritt

NSW land
None
Right rudder will turn the nose of the plane to the right on the vertical axis(yaw). Doing this will in turn move the actual rudder to the right of the aircraft, forcing the air current to move the tail to the left, moving the nose to the right along this axis. Its like holding a sharpened pencil in the middle of it and saying that you want the pointed end to move right by a certain force exerted on the eraser end...so, you would move the back end left in order to move the pointed end right. Of course, there are more factors to this in the air, duh, but the principle is the same for the question.

Let me know if you have any other questions...I'd love to help.

GTIGirlVR6

By the way USNMERRIT how are things down there in Pensacola? It's been a rough hurricane season for y'all!

FlyinHigh

Got my scores back from my second try at the ASTB, got 7/7/7 and signed my contract today for a SNA designation with USMC, my package goes in front of the board the end of this week. I am stoked.

GTIGirlVR6

FlyinHigh said:
Got my scores back from my second try at the ASTB, got 7/7/7 and signed my contract today for a SNA designation with USMC, my package goes in front of the board the end of this week. I am stoked.
CONGRATS FLYIN!!!!! Hope I will be following soon!! Best of luck with the rest of the application...juniors this summer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.