• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB for Mid's

jitiola

Tengo La Camisa Negra!!!!
Hey all,

I'm headed into my 2/c year and believe I will be taking the exam this winter..(correct me if I'm wrong) Anyways, I was just wondering how our exam results weighed in with service selection. It seems like a pretty big deal for the OCS/BDCP applicants; is it "pass/fail" for us, or just included in our overall package come senior yr and selection? Thanks...

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
My experience was that ASTB scores mattered a little less for ROTC dudes than they did for OCS/BDCP apps. Maybe that was just my perception at the time, but most of my classmates that went pilot were in the range of 5's to 7's. Basically I never saw a bad ASTB score keep someone from getting a pilot slot while I was in ROTC, though I'm sure it has happened. It is not however "pass/fail" for Navy option mids, so I suppose the grades do matter.

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
If you are going to take it over the winter I would recommend taking it over winter break so you can just worry about the test and not have class and crazy stuff like that. Or I just might be crazy.

I took it at my hometown officer recruiters office. After my scores he tried to get me to sign up for BDCP, if I had only known then what I know now...