• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB-E gouge for the spatial aptitude test/compass test

chillygu

I recently took the ASTB-E and all of the studying material I've come across has outdated material for studying the direction and attitude indicator. Essentially, it shows a map on one side of the screen indicating where true north is and where the "target" is and showing the direction of the aircraft. On the other side of the screen is a zoomed in view of the "target", a building with 4 parking lots. Based off the direction of the aircraft and the degree on the compass given, you must choose which parking lot is the specific target.

I completely bombed this section of the test and need help finding resources to study. Also, any resources to practice the impossible target simulator test would be hugely appreciated.

Literally the bible when it comes to ASTB questions/gouge. You can find answers to all your questions there.

For the sim part, I personally bought a cheap joystick and just played lots of war thunder to get comfortable with the inversion. You can also download something like aimlab on steam to practice.

chillygu

Literally the bible when it comes to ASTB questions/gouge. You can find answers to all your questions there.

For the sim part, I personally bought a cheap joystick and just played lots of war thunder to get comfortable with the inversion. You can also download something like aimlab on steam to practice.

WOW!! I literally found what I was looking for within seconds of reviewing that post. THANK YOU!!!

I have a joystick and regular flight simulator but I'll definitely look into getting aimlab on steam if it can help me get used to control.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
WOW!! I literally found what I was looking for within seconds of reviewing that post. THANK YOU!!!

I have a joystick and regular flight simulator but I'll definitely look into getting aimlab on steam if it can help me get used to control.

For future reference, please search around the forums before creating a post. Very likely it's been asked (if not several times) and answered...