• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

duke

Just took the ASTB and found that I am pilot qualified. However, I failed the NFO portion, 4 I think. I intended to fail NFO so I'd Only be considered for pilot but now I'm wondering if the low ASTB will hurt my chances of getting selected for OCS. Any comment?
Thanks

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
I want to know what the score is for each? What's the qualifying NFO score? and the NA score? I dont see how you can qualify for NA but not NFO. I'd figure the NA would be higher than NFO, so if you qual'd NA you would be NFO. Obviously, that isnt the case. Need some clearence on this. Thanks.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.
-Col.3:23-

Adrenaline Rush

i dont know duke but the same thing happened to me, the OSO says your golden if you pass your Cyclo exam and pass the pilot portion...so im not gona sweat it

I'd Rather Be A Lion For One Day, Than Be A Sheep For A Thousand Years

It Is Our Duty To Protect The Best Nation In The World

perchul

To my knowledge you need a 5/6 to qual for NA but 4's for NFO and I'm fairly certain of this; which means I'm fairly certain if you qual for NA your good for NFO...I find often enough that some of us on this forum for good or bad have more knowledge then our recruiters do

perchul

let correct my previous statement, we post more hearsay then our recruiters could ever contend with

Adrenaline Rush

Well of course I cant be certain perchul, but i believe it to be true that you can still pass SNA and not NFO, to pass for a sna spot you need an aqr of at least 4 AQR, and at least a 5 PFAR..but for nfo you need a at least 4 AQR, and 6 FOFAR...I know for myself i received a 6 AQR/ 7 PFAR.. but for nfo i came up short 6 AQR 5 FOFAR,,, if that makes any sense???

I'd Rather Be A Lion For One Day, Than Be A Sheep For A Thousand Years

It Is Our Duty To Protect The Best Nation In The World

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Ok ... I'm confused ..
I got 5's across the board when I tested for NAVY ....... my OSO said that for the Marines pilot program I need a 5/6 ........ is this true ?? Even if it's not should I just retest anyway ... ? 3rd times a charm!

Peace,

Spin

mikedjp

So is it possible to get a USMC SNA slot with 5's or not?

I have 5's across the board too and my application is at the Navy board now but I've been thinking more and more about the Marines. I don't really want to wait 6 months to retake the ASTB though. I've already taken it twice.

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Mikedjp,

You might have to retake. Not to get you down .... but I got rejected from the Navy with 5's and a decent package (flight time, great letters), but I did have a low gpa. I am retaking next month and applying for Marines. Now that I have found the Marine Study Guide my studying has been focused in the right areas.

Peace,

-Spin

mikedjp

I'm not expecting to get accepted for a Navy SNA slot, that is why I'm already thinking about the Marines and other options. I found that the Marine study guide was not focused in the righ areas for form 2 at least.

So is anyone sure what the Marine requirements for the ASTB are???

I'll see what my OSO says too.

Status
Not open for further replies.