• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB change

Status
Not open for further replies.

mizzoufan

Has anyone heard if they have changed the test or not yet? I take it on Friday, and I don't know if the information I am studying will be helpful or not. I will be taking it in St. Louis so any helpful info would be appreciated. Hopefully I will get a shot at the old test since there isn't any info on the new one. Thanks

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Taking it on friday too. I haven't heard from my OSO in about a month, so I guess I'm still taking it on friday. I'm studying the stuff from this site and the Arco book. Good luck.

ET-Mike

A-Pool Junkie
I am taking it on Tues so I will let you know what is up. My LT told me that they have the computer stuff set up but you can request the old version if you wanted. He said that he heard that the new version was easier but I wouldn't put too much on that. Good luck, I will let you know how I did.

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hmmm... I've heard that the new version is harder! I guess we won't know for sure until we get some feedback from those taking it next month. My OSO said that they're switching over to the new form at the end of April. I just took my ASTB a couple of weeks ago so that I could take the old test and then, if I needed to take it again, I could re-take it before the new version was implemented. Apparently to do that, you had to take it before Spring Break. Who knows though... I mean... we seem to all hear different stories! Ya'll take care and if you have any ASTB questions, feel free to ask me!

~Crystal

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
Still the same

I took it this evening - its still the old test as of 17 MAR 04.

Btw - I highly reccomend the gouge that used to be on this site (some of it seems to have vanished lately). Some of the review material seems like its straight off the test.

Good luck.

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
pennst8 said:
I took it this evening - its still the old test as of 17 MAR 04.
Good luck.

Ditto!

My recruiter told me today that the new form is to be phased in over nine years. Of coarse for me it doesn't matter any more! Even if I wanted to, he would not let me retake it.

Best of luck to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.