• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB=ASVAB????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goof, so would you say that the primary reason you got the 99 was bc you prepared for the test using the ARCO book? What else did you do to prepare for the test, aside from studying w the Princeton Review and ARCO?

megan620

EA-6B ECMO/IA Wife
I had to take the ASVAB when I was in HS(it was our school's required aptitude test for all students), and let me tell you from experience they'll hound you to death if you do well....that ASVAB test I never studied for and got a 98...I know if you are going to take the others you should study from the ARCO book though. (I didnt take the others, but my boyfriend who is in his 10th week of OCS did use the ARCO book and got SNA and SNFO qualified on his first test....but he got the NAMI whammi and was NPQd for the SNA, but luckily he was good to go for SNFO) My point here is, from what he told me the ARCO book really helped him prepare for the ASTB, so I would reccomend that to anyone.

megan620

EA-6B ECMO/IA Wife
He had better than 20/20 vision in both eyes(naturally...no PRK,etc) but the doctors at NOMI determined his eyes did not work together, and they worked separately, which they said would mess up his depth perception. He told me they kept him in the office for quite a while trying to see if they could fix it, because if they could find a way, they would have kept him as SNA, but unfortunately they said it was not something they could fix. I really thought he'd be crushed, but he was very optimistic about trying out the SNFO slot too...and now they he's learned more about what SNFOs do, I think he'll be pretty happy(not as much as if he was a pilot...but very close!)

Based on what I've heard from everyone, the ARCO book sounds pretty solid. I've already taken a few, quick practice ASVAB tests and I've scored pretty well on them, so I guess I just need to check out this ARCO book now.

As for the actual ASVAB test, what sort of time restraints are there? Is there time alotted for each particular section? How many problems are there? One other thing, for those of you that have taken the SAT test, how does it compare to the ASVAB?

megan620

EA-6B ECMO/IA Wife
ASVAB is definately time-restrained....some sections they give you way less time than you need, but know not many finish those sections. It has more sections than the SAT....but it's been like 6-7 years since I took both, so anymore than that I dont remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.