• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Article - Why the Corps’ Future May Sideline its Ground Pounders

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
Tough to get into specifics here, for obvious reasons, but the F2T2 problem at extreme standoff ranges is a tough nut to crack. So, while we do the work on that (and other) issues, integrating EABO hasn't been a priority. That's not to say work isn't being done, but it's not the main line of effort for our WDCs.

It makes sense but maybe you’re mistaken with my previous comment. I’m not stating that your WDCs need to take on developing and implementing new Marine doctrine. (Although I’m sure the expertise would be greatly beneficial). MAGTF-TC and CD&I will be doing most of the weightlifting in terms of fleshing that all out (hopefully).

Integration/support at the numbered fleet and group level with the appropriate C2 structure is what I’m getting at. This is all new territory to everyone, so I imagine it will increase with time once more Naval officers understand the requirements. Replicating a naval engagement is not something the Marines have done since WWII.

RoarkJr.

Where’s the best place to read up on EABO? I tried accessing the tentative manual but got an error.

Hotdogs

pilot
Where’s the best place to read up on EABO? I tried accessing the tentative manual but got an error.

Pretty sure the TM EABO pub is behind the NIPR wall via CAC and that’s why you got an error. It’s a really dry read and probably wouldn’t make a lot of sense to you at this point. Regardless your time is probably better spent elsewhere at this stage in your career. Like at the Florabama, Seville Quarter, or whatever shitty street bar is popular on Palafox st these days.

RoarkJr.

Pretty sure the TM EABO pub is behind the NIPR wall via CAC and that’s why you got an error. It’s a really dry read and probably wouldn’t make a lot of sense to you at this point. Regardless your time is probably better spent elsewhere at this stage in your career. Like at the Florabama, Seville Quarter, or whatever shitty street bar is popular on Palafox st these days.
Eh, not my scene anymore. Spent enough time there almost a decade ago as a young AE. Thankfully didn't get in (too much) trouble.

Hotdogs

pilot
Eh, not my scene anymore. Spent enough time there almost a decade ago as a young AE. Thankfully didn't get in (too much) trouble.

Your time socializing and hanging out with your flight school buddies will be more valuable than sitting around reading an obscure pub that you won’t be able to apply for another 6-8 years at best.

That pub is definitely geared toward operational (Read: 0-6 and 0-7) staffs and above. EWS will probably hit on it heavily after your fleet time.

Bottom line: Get the hell out of the house and enjoy the best deal the Marines are giving you during your upcoming 8 year contract.

RoarkJr.

Your time socializing and hanging out with your flight school buddies will be more valuable than sitting around reading an obscure pub that you won’t be able to apply for another 6-8 years at best.

That pub is definitely geared toward operational (Read: 0-6 and 0-7) staffs and above. EWS will probably hit on it heavily after your fleet time.

Bottom line: Get the hell out of the house and enjoy the best deal the Marines are giving you during your upcoming 8 year contract.
Seems to be a trend here where people assume you’re a basement dwelling incel if you express interest in anything other than drinking downtown. Also, having fun and expressing interest in organizational things, including and beyond flight school, aren’t mutually exclusive. Most of you may have been 23 when you got here and still in the partying phase but a lot of us aren’t.

GroundPounder

Seems to be a trend here where people assume you’re a basement dwelling incel if you express interest in anything other than drinking downtown. Also, having fun and expressing interest in organizational things, including and beyond flight school, aren’t mutually exclusive. Most of you may have been 23 when you got here and still in the partying phase but a lot of us aren’t.

I will give my standard disclaimer: was not an aviator in the service, I was an Infantry officer.

Last year I nearly died during surgery, spent 8 days ventilated, followed by 12 more in ICU. Several months later, I was back to nearly normal. At no point during that time did I ever wish I had spent more time at work and less time doing ANYTHING other than working.

USN, USMC, Amazon, Big business...whatever you do in life, will get everything they can from you and when you're done they will keep rolling along without you.

What these guys are trying to tell you is that you need to appreciate the free time now, when you have it.

If you don't want to drink the place dry and chase the local talent, fine. Golf, fish, build miniature doll house furniture, anything....

I'm just some douche on the internet, so you would be right to give my words 0 credence. Do this: go ask your dad, uncle, grandfather, ( whoever you respect ) if they wished they had spent time doing something other than work when they had the chance.

Good luck to you.

RoarkJr.

I will give my standard disclaimer: was not an aviator in the service, I was an Infantry officer.

Last year I nearly died during surgery, spent 8 days ventilated, followed by 12 more in ICU. Several months later, I was back to nearly normal. At no point during that time did I ever wish I had spent more time at work and less time doing ANYTHING other than working.

USN, USMC, Amazon, Big business...whatever you do in life, will get everything they can from you and when you're done they will keep rolling along without you.

What these guys are trying to tell you is that you need to appreciate the free time now, when you have it.

If you don't want to drink the place dry and chase the local talent, fine. Golf, fish, build miniature doll house furniture, anything....

I'm just some douche on the internet, so you would be right to give my words 0 credence. Do this: go ask your dad, uncle, grandfather, ( whoever you respect ) if they wished they had spent time doing something other than work when they had the chance.

Good luck to you.
Thanks everyone, and I agree. Listened to a good ted talk on that. Jist of it was that no one will really care about what work you did in the end. It’s all about family and friends and what you did to help people.

I just get frustrated when it’s assumed that all of that good stuff isn’t taking place. I never said “I would like to read about EABO INSTEAD of calling my dad or taking my fiancée out to dinner.”

Thanks for that bit of life advice but that is not what I’m looking for.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Thanks everyone, and I agree. Listened to a good ted talk on that. Jist of it was that no one will really care about what work you did in the end. It’s all about family and friends and what you did to help people.

I just get frustrated when it’s assumed that all of that good stuff isn’t taking place. I never said “I would like to read about EABO INSTEAD of calling my dad or taking my fiancée out to dinner.”

Thanks for that bit of life advice but that is not what I’m looking for.
OK...well a red light saber for this young Padawan.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Most of you may have been 23 when you got here and still in the partying phase but a lot of us aren’t.
Not the mindset you want to have going into your first tour as an officer. I’m 50 and I routinely go out “partying” with the JOs. If you begin to think you’re different than your peers, life is going to be rough for you.

RoarkJr.

Not the mindset you want to have going into your first tour as an officer. I’m 50 and I routinely go out “partying” with the JOs. If you begin to think you’re different than your peers, life is going to be rough for you.
I hang out with peers a lot between studying, cookouts and double dates with the other couples. What I was referring to not being my scene was Florabama and Seville specifically.

Hotdogs

pilot
I hang out with peers a lot between studying, cookouts and double dates with the other couples. What I was referring to not being my scene was Florabama and Seville specifically.

Don’t be dense. You know what we’re all getting at - don’t waste your time reading doctrinal pubs intended for senior Marines when you haven’t even mastered a primary MOS yet. You’re better off reading FARs from the FAR/AIM.

Also - Nobody gives a fuck about your dinner parties and BBQs. The ready room won’t care about them in the fleet either.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor

If you're too cool for school, then why go back?

You asked the Marine Corps to be an SNA, not the other way around.