• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Army to Coastie Transfer (kind-of)

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
Ok I have a friend who is a prior Army grunt. He got out (honorable discharge) , did a stint as a cop and has obtained his 100ton license (Boat Captain's License). Does anyone know if he will have to go through coastie boot camp and will he retain his prior rank of E-4 if he tries to sign up for the Coast Guard?

CoastieFlyer

Box Lunch Connoisseur
pilot
Hmmm, interesting situation. I'll have to pass on trying to speculate as I have absolutely no clue.

Maybe another Coastie in the Forums has an answer, but if not, 1-800-GET-USCG is a great start or talk to a local recruiter.

Good luck to him!

schwarti

Contributor
I have a friend who got out of the Corps as an E-5, and they told her that she could go Coastie as an E-4, but that's the limit of my experience (ha) with stuff like that. I'd just tell your friend to go see a recruiter, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had to go down a paygrade or something.