• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"Army of One" to "Army Strong"

LoneSailor

ABCNEWS

Boston news

The new approach, the fruit of a $200 million-a-year contract with a major advertising agency, was announced Monday by Army Secretary Francis J. Harvey.

Wow, couldn't they have thought of a better slogan? And $200 million a year?! Not to mention it's almost bad grammar. Army Strong, ARMY SMASH!!!

hulk.jpg

UPDATE: Found the vid in YouTube. Click
After seeing the vid, the slogan doesn't sound so bad now. Very motivating vid.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hated the slogan at first too, but that's a damn good ad. Loved the YouTube comment, "This ad could make the French want to be U.S. Army soldiers."

They should have done this years ago and just skipped the whole Army of One nastiness.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Yeah...thats good stuff. That music has to be Hans Zimmer.

Seems like you can always tell who is having trouble meeting recruiting goals based on the quality and frequency of new ad releases...:D

Marines have been using "The Few, The proud..." for what...like 40 years?:D

Lawman

None
Yeah...thats good stuff. That music has to be Hans Zimmer.

Seems like you can always tell who is having trouble meeting recruiting goals based on the quality and frequency of new ad releases...:D

Marines have been using "The Few, The proud..." for what...like 40 years?:D

True but there was also the slogan "were looking for a few good men..." that kinda went the wayside with the PC era, but I still remember seeing it when I was a kid.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think that was pretty well done, it is nice to se them getting away from the "here is what is in it for you" type of ads.

Cate

Pretty much invincible
Well, with recruiting numbers like they are, an "Army of One" was probably hitting too close to home for the DoD.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Well, with recruiting numbers like they are, an "Army of One" was probably hitting too close to home for the DoD.
Uhhhhhhhh ... then you must have better information, as last time I checked, Army green was at it's recruiting goals for 2006. Attempts to politicize the subject aside ... :sleep_125

..... I'm glad they moved away from the inane "Army of One" slogan ... I always thought it was stupid right from the get-go ... individualism counts --- sure .... but teamwork wins in combat --- for sure.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
An "Army of One" is an oxymoron

Normally I'd respond with "Wow, you're a bright one", but you have a picture of "Revenge of the Nerds" in your profile and that's just freakin awesome. Lambda Lambda Lambda.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
Normally I'd respond with "Wow, you're a bright one", but you have a picture of "Revenge of the Nerds" in your profile and that's just freakin awesome. Lambda Lambda Lambda.
Thats four years at a state college for ya...:D

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
Whoa! Awesome tune in the background. I think I'm going to blast that right now when I do my situps and pushups. Who's with me?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Whoa! Awesome tune in the background. I think I'm going to blast that right now when I do my situps and pushups. Who's with me?

I need hard music or fast techno to do PT. That kind of music doesn't... "pump me up" during PT. It's good music though.