• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Army/Navy Game 2010

Camelot_10

Is anyone attending the Army/Navy game this weekend? I hear 4 Super Hornets from VFA-103 are doing the fly-by on saturday.

GO NAVY

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
1000 ' / 250 knots = Zzzzzzzzz

Hope they do it low and fast...and keep their wings while they're at it.

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
1000 ' / 250 knots = Zzzzzzzzz

Hope they do it low and fast...and keep their wings while they're at it.

If 1000' / 250 knots is safe, just think how safe 3000' and 180 knots would be. There is nothing good that can come from flying in a flyover any more, being on the ground on the other hand, is a different story.

grr915

I heard they will be staging out of Willow Grove for the fly-by. Is anyone else flying into Willow Grove this weekend? I won't be attending the game, but I will be at Willow Grove on friday hoping to catch some fighters. This will probably be the last time seeing fighters at the base. This is the last time the base will be open for the game.

Go NAVY

Yardstick

Is The Bottle Ready?!
pilot
go villanova tailgate! haha. very excited for the flyby this year. didnt get to go last year but it was sick 2 years ago

Camelot_10

I agree Schnugg, hopefully they do it right. They will definitely be a better fly-by then the Osprey fly-by that they had at the game last year.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I agree Schnugg, hopefully they do it right. They will definitely be a better fly-by then the Osprey fly-by that they had at the game last year.

Define right? Without permission, it's 1000/250 and to do otherwise...might as well be wet down after the flight. It sucks but why risk it otherwise. I hear those T-38 pilots are getting into trouble for their fly-by a few weeks ago. I'm in a T-45 fly-by this weekend and it's 1000/250 and its zzzzzzz but it what it is.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Still haven't heard anything about the request for the mighty Orion to do the flyby. 1000' and 250 kias? We can do that all day!

wplax26

Gold Club
pilot
None
Contributor
Except we'd have to have 3 aircraft on the "ready" and preflight 12 hours early to ensure Time On Target!

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Still haven't heard anything about the request for the mighty Orion to do the flyby. 1000' and 250 kias? We can do that all day!

Shutdown #1 and #4 for the flyby and that'd give the folks a great show! :)

Camelot_10

Define right? Without permission, it's 1000/250 and to do otherwise...might as well be wet down after the flight. It sucks but why risk it otherwise. I hear those T-38 pilots are getting into trouble for their fly-by a few weeks ago. I'm in a T-45 fly-by this weekend and it's 1000/250 and its zzzzzzz but it what it is.

I meant right, just as Schuggg said it "...and keep their wings while they're at it." Don't want them to lose their wings trying to make the fly-by any more impressive. Just like you said, 1000/250, it is what it is.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I meant right, just as Schuggg said it "...and keep their wings while they're at it." Don't want them to lose their wings trying to make the fly-by any more impressive. Just like you said, 1000/250, it is what it is.

I understand, it sucks...boring. I've done fly-by's in the COD at 500 (wink)/300+ but of course the COD doesn't look impressive doing anything except opening its ramp with 7000lbs of pony.

Wingnut172N

Tumbleweed
pilot
I know a lot of the Hornets/Rhinos that did flyovers at USNA this year would come over slow with the speedbrakes out, and then hit the afterburners right over the stadium. Not very fast or low, but the noise made up for it!

I assume that's too difficult to coordinate with 4 aircraft vice 2?

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
I remember reading some Adm said that this rule just creates the atmosphere of, not if, but by how much you will break the rule. 1000' /250 kts is boring.

I really hope they go to 500'/300 kts as a happy medium. Or hell, anything better than 1000'/250. If you can do it in a King Air, it isn't meant to be exciting.