• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Army Logistics to Navy SWO

BurnOut

Good morning all,

As the title suggests, I’m an Army O2 on the verge of switching over to SWO as a jg. Just waiting for final approval from the SECNAV at which point I’ll be put in contact with a detailer to discuss where I’ll be going.

I’m tracking I’ll need to go to school, should I anticipate going there first then a ship or vice versa? Obviously I’m not NROTC, OCS, or Naval Academy so I’m not sure where I would fall in as far a prioritization with course dates.

Also, will I be able to select from what’s available?(less a carrier or sub)

thanks for you time.
Buddy I hope you didn’t get here… I’d do anything to go back to the Army. Surface community is on another level of toxic.

Coolace27

Buddy I hope you didn’t get here… I’d do anything to go back to the Army. Surface community is on another level of toxic.
“The grass is never greener, it’s just different shades of brown.” Keeps me centered lol. The deed is done haha. In my last week of OOD phase I right now. I’ve been to my ship and will be a deck divo. I’ve seen my share of toxic on the Army side as well so we’ll see. You can do what I did and in reverse if you’re a year out from finishing your obligated service.